Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween Reclamation

Poster
    Yes you are totally right it has been happening but is it possible, i.e. that two sides can co exist surely one must give way to the other????

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Pagans are not in short supply, even now...

The differing Pagan religions appear to have corrupted each other from their pure forms, but there are still a lot of "Pagans"..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I believe that different religions can peacefully co-exist. They have before. Unfortunately it requires a degree of tolerance that fundamentalists (of any faith) generally don't have.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Kind of.

I didn't actually know there was a .gif for that.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BANNED
    Regular posters here know my views of religion. This article, and the mindset it represents, is an absolute disgrace. "Unsaved" children? All this "original sin" nonsense makes a mockery of christianity's claim to being "God" worshippers.

The sooner religion dies the better.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    damn these people sure scare me... what kind of wackos would write something like that.

First off, I'm not a christian but I'm not a pagan either. So I have a bit of objectivity on this. Halloween is NOT a christian holiday, it is a PAGAN holidy. I'm sure most of you know this by now. Sure, it's been dumbed down and changed to a point almost beyond recognition but it began as a pagan holiday (something to do with nature , go figure) I don't know all the facts or specifics but you know what pisses me off? Why do some christians (not all) have to get so involved in stupid social customs or other people's holidays. It sure shows not the *love* , but the *greed* of judeo christian culture, everything:mine,mine,mine. It's stupid. Let people be who they want to be. Pagans and wiccans and all those guys for the most part don't even acknowledge the existence of the devil, so how can they be "his tools/messangers"?
    Some of these biblethumping people remind me of Nazis. Only instead of a jewish conspiracy, it's a "heathen/satanic/pagan conspiracy" Get over it, you're not important enough to have people conspire against you, most rational people who read your crap go running for matches and kerosene to burn it in. Let people be who they want to be and shut your yammering about the devil.
    Honestly, if I found out god and the devil do exist, and god's followers are like these people - I'd immediately enlist with the morningstar, just so I could spiritually bash these idiots upside their collective "heads".

[/rant]

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    A 73 yrs old guy chased some halloweeners after having his property egged & the guy died from a heart attack 200 yards from his house.eggs & flour had been thrown at moving cars & a police car had a firework thrown at it,but they got the kid who did this.halloween is not a UK tradition but is for the US & not being a boring old git ,but when people are dying from stress caused by these fools,then comes a time to ban not only halloween but fireworks ,celibrations can be held by the community then there will be less damage caused,try getting egg white from your windows or car paintwork.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by blade1356uk@2 November 2003 - 10:01
    then comes a time to ban not only halloween but fireworks
    they where banned from northern ireland for years, i can say we socially suffered for it (notably the council, etc. still but on firework shows, just the general public wasn't meant to have them) if they are creating more problems (i.e. being thrown at the elderly and stuff) than they are benefit i'm with you 110%

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Im aethist so i dont celebrate Christmas for the Jesus crap, but i do celebrate for the family reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12