Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Account and Activity

graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict

Question Mark

My entrance exams are coming and I'm not doing well for the preparation due to me being mostly engrossed in the daily activities of FST (being new to BT world and all). And FST has also become my homepage, so its not that I don't spend atleast 4-5 hours here (give or take an hour or so).

Now, I think I'll be able to control myself only if I stop coming to FST for a while (easier said than done )

My exams are 8 months away and around 10 months from now, I'll be getting into my college. So, I've to be inactive for around that period.

Now, I don't want to be like those people who come here and say "I've come after 1 year and now I've been banned due to inactivity everywhere. Please provide me invite to blah blah blah tracker".

No, because I've really worked hard to get my invites.. "earned it" (not talking about deserving here) and the ratio I've made in my trackers, well.. It'd be definitely difficult to do that again due to my poor connection and all. So, I can't let go of the trackers I have.

So.. now comes the question of this topic : What strategy should I apply to remain "unbanned"?

I will still be seeding these 8-10 months. No downloading, just seeding. Just, I won't be opening the browser. Now, I ask you all (if it's not a hassle) to please suggest me something in general, what I could do and what I should do. I know, I could have just asked in the ircs of the trackers, but instead of talking to all of them (they might be different in their rules), I just want to get a general opinion.

Should I just go and login once in a month? Or even within a shorter period? Or should I really talk to the mods of the trackers for a way out of this? Or is there any auto login script as such, which can do the trick?

I had some questions aside from this too. If I park my account, can I still seed/leech? And will this activity counted as active as such in the tracker or do I need to login?

Currently as far as I know, only being power user at bitgamer allows that accounts won't be pruned for inactivity.

So, any suggestions from you all?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    cool story brah

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I suggest either sex or bribery .
    Or bribery with sex.

Failing that in 10 months you will hopefully probably hopefully probably have seen the error of your ways concerning torrent sites and chucked them all for the less effete pursuits of drugs and fast women anyway .
    If not contact me and I will re-invite and we can both be banned together in a glorious blaze of infamy.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Not all trackers act in the same way, Iīd advice you to put some note in your profile for letting staff to know your situation.

Although I discovered the hard way that some trackers like TL donīt take that into consideration and they just delete your account, unless you have a high level (VIP and above). Others require, not only to login, but have some tracker activity (XXX Mb traffic) in a period of time, like BitmeTV.

Try to send a PM to staff, and if they want, they can mark your account for not being deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Or you could just go with the sex .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-16-2010 at 02:38 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Log in and say "hi, tracker people" and seed a few torrents on the sites you want to keep long-term.

Also, say, "hi, mbm" once in a while, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The delusion that you won't be opening a browser for months on end is quite amusing to me as I study for the baddest bar around (only the boards are comparable).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Set up a lastpass that logs in automatically for every tracker. Bookmark every tracker in a folder. Than you can open that folder weekly and everything will stay where it should be.

/actually helpful/
    My sig, back to being better than anon-sbi's.

O and if anyone has FTN invite and just don't know what to do with it give it to me

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by o__O View Post
    The delusion that you won't be opening a browser for months on end is quite amusing to me as I study for the baddest bar around (only the boards are comparable).
    Sweet, a bar tender! Got a really good margarita recipe you are willing to share?

Good choice on not becoming a carpenter! You don't know how precious a good back is until you've hurt it. Bar tending will still be hard on your legs and feet. Get some good shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by o__O View Post
    Sweet, a bar tender! Got a really good margarita recipe you are willing to share?

Good choice on not becoming a carpenter! You don't know how precious a good back is until you've hurt it. Bar tending will still be hard on your legs and feet. Get some good shoes.
    Or he could sit around in a wheel chair all the time it seems very convenient to do that to me.
    My sig, back to being better than anon-sbi's.

O and if anyone has FTN invite and just don't know what to do with it give it to me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast