Thread: Mmm My Laptop Is Freakin Out

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    mmm my lcd display on my laptop has turned darker and darker for the last couple days untill 2day where it is just black, is my lcd wearing out?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    perhaps the contrast settings are fucked...but maybe its wearing out...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Just to make sure connect it to a monitor and see if its still doing it but most likely it is the lcd.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    try using the function keys for the brightness settings, on mines it is the fn key follwed by f8 it will have a symbol on ur keyboard. try it see if it goes brighter. or it you are running oon batteries, that may be the prob/

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    *Grunt*
    If it is an older one then it probable is starting to go,(the image projects all have a life span) becuase of the fact that they wernt very advanced then and had to make them under budget. If it is new then just leave it for a few days.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Could be a battery problem i.e. its wearing out. On mine, if i set battery to extra long life, the screen gets darker. If i set it to normal, its ok. Just a suggestion

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    no the battery is fine. its not that old. how old do u think a 233mhz laptop is?

lcd must be going. my dad went 2 sams club and bought a new lcd moniter 4 320$(CDN)anyway so it dosnt matter.