Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference Between Music Sharing & Movie Sharing

Oh and before I forget, the higher the quality of the movie ripped off a DVD, the larger the file size gets. And it gets larger really fast. As for simply copying movies from a DVD to a DVD-R, that kind of sharing is nothing compared to P2P sharing.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    and lets not forget ppl who have a download cap like me can't be bothered downloading a 4.5 gig image for DVD

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I would just like to post that I am currently being sued by the MPAA. I do not (intentionally) distribute movies. I usually have about 5 in my shared folder at any given time because I use emule which makes parts of a file shared before you finish downloading them so there is no way NOT to share. Anyway just a heads up that its not just the RIAA anymore. BTW I am online with Comcast Cable Internet in New England region in the USA.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by ajoh@4 November 2003 - 15:38
    I would just like to post that I am currently being sued by the MPAA...

could you please elaborate?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I don't have all the details yet but i recently received a letter in the mail from my isp saying that I was found sharing files.
    It said legal action will be taken on behalf of the MPAA.
    At the bottom it listed a Sum.of.All.Fears.DVDRip.DcN.avi, said I was using the eDonkey network (i was using eMule) the time, and the date that this was found.
    It said that I will be contacted shortly.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    internet.news
    the MPAA can kiss my ass!! (just some thoughts don't worry&#33

if they would sue me I will tell them - and try to tell them and as most as possible
    newspapers that there is more behind sharing (look in my signature

~~~ MPAA ---- Music Pirates Association in America ~~~~

MPAA sounds something like Music Pirates...

... RIAA sounds more like IRA... That is really extraordinary and concerning...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by ajoh@4 November 2003 - 17:55
    I don't have all the details yet but i recently received a letter in the mail from my isp saying that I was found sharing files.
    At the bottom it listed a Sum.of.All.Fears.DVDRip.DcN.avi, said I was using the eDonkey network (i was using eMule) the time, and the date that this was found.
    Sounds like you may have a legitimate defense against them if you were using something else. Who knows. But man, that sucks to hear. I do take it back aboutu what I said about not knowing about any publics news of movie copyright infingement. There was that Terminator 3 incident of someone somehow releasing a copy of it before it even hit theaters.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by ajoh@4 November 2003 - 15:38
    I would just like to post that I am currently being sued by the MPAA. I do not (intentionally) distribute movies. I usually have about 5 in my shared folder at any given time because I use emule which makes parts of a file shared before you finish downloading them so there is no way NOT to share. Anyway just a heads up that its not just the RIAA anymore. BTW I am online with Comcast Cable Internet in New England region in the USA.
    Sucks, but that's why I refuse to download 'hot' items like movies from sources I don't trust to protect my identity (like K-Lite or personal ftps).

I've been hearing TONS of stories about people getting letters from the MPAA, it's possible that they've hit as many people as the RIAA, and just been quieter about it.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by DasScoot@5 November 2003 - 00:51
    I've been hearing TONS of stories about people getting letters from the MPAA, it's possible that they've hit as many people as the RIAA, and just been quieter about it.
    MPAA usually just sends out C&D (Cease and Desist) notices.
    If you quit within a day of getting such a notice, they (try to) check back later but don't pursue any further legal means if they don't see you still sharing/downloading file/s in question.

ISPs often have a 3-strikes and they disconnect you rule. If you get 3 C&D's in a year (or ever...), they cancel your connection.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ajoh@4 November 2003 - 17:55
    Damn that really sucks. Well right now I am only using kazaa lite to download and share files , because of its ip blocker thing, and i am also using bittorent. Well msn8 is my Isp provider and they arent supporting the riaa to hunt down file sharers , w00t for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast