Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Privilage not a right!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Except for the fact where torrenting traffic has peaked at a massive 55% of total internet traffic in 2009.
    That is one I was not aware of. Fascinating!

I have noticed all of the consumer markets that cater to filesharers (media players, televisions, car stereos) and have questioned the need for 1.5 TB hard drives for $110 and NAS systems that store 5+TB if people were not downloading MASSIVE amounts of copyrighted data.

55% of the internet seems possible, but still AMAZING.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by BABBY View Post
    with the ever increase no of internet connection and with the fact that internet becoming cheaper day by day this is meant to happen, but the lust for private tracker has definitely reduced, who are well aware of other source of pirating.

more over this stats shows public+private tracker stats and dont forget to read "slight decline". and we are talking of private trackers only not of demonoid and pirate bay.
    False, again! The number of internet connections isn't increasing as much as the bandwidth used per internet connection. It's been estimated that in 10 years, one house will be using the amount of bandwidth that 10 houses use today.

The bandwidth per household is increasing at a staggering rate.

The lust for private trackers "has definitely reduced" for you and for me. Go to demonoid's invites forum, and it's still active as ever, if not even more so, as more people get introduced to the world of private trackers, and more blogs/websites direct towards them.

The "slight decline" is in overall p2p traffic, which includes things like ares/edonkey etc which are all defunct systems by today's standards; but, if you read the article towards the end, it clearly mentions "The data further shows that BitTorrent’s market-share of P2P traffic is still increasing."

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That is one I was not aware of. Fascinating!

I have noticed all of the consumer markets that cater to filesharers (media players, televisions, car stereos) and have questioned the need for 1.5 TB hard drives for $110 and NAS systems that store 5+TB if people were not downloading MASSIVE amounts of copyrighted data.

55% of the internet seems possible, but still AMAZING.
    Agreed. The number shocked me at first, but then it came to me as no surprise. I stream youtube videos, talk to my family over skype, and torrent. Those are the three main bandwidth hogs that I use. Of those three, only one (bittorrent) is impossible to compensate, considering I'm downloading material rather than watching disposable video.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BABBY's Avatar simplicity rules BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    The number of internet connections isn't increasing as much as the bandwidth used per internet connection.
    This is 100% false as far as some countries like India is considered, Before 3 years the cost of 256 kbps line here was 1500 irs = 35 usd and this was the basic plan of one of pioneer company of internet provider in India, which was owned by govt.
    now due to private sector firms giving internet connection the cost has reduced to 512 kbps at 600 irs = 15 usd
    At that time very few people had internet connection (50/1000) and now i see that every house in my vicinity has internet(500/1000).

This fact can be verified by u from any Indian.

I again say that these stats are of non-private tracker most of them, if u deduct non-private trackers stats then i think it will come 10 to 20 % for sure.

I and my whole group of friends used to use torrents on a large scale before 1 year or so, but now we all prefer rapid share most of the time.

Just reading stats and interpreting it in a correct way according to situation is a different thing
    Last edited by BABBY; 06-19-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    do good and good will come back to u

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123