Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow Kazaa Downloads

kev4
    right i have a fast broadband connection, and i very rarely get downloads that reach 17.00 kb/s and recently every download im downloadin seem to be 4.00 kb/s or less this is very very very annoying as a broadband user! is there a solution to fix this problem, its the only problem of kazaa this is apart from viruses too. my mood:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I have a fast B/Band as well...my D/L's are sometimes slow...but I just let it run, it gets there...

Don't D/L lots at a time....

Have patience....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The download speed is dependent upon the upload speed of the person you are donwloading from.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I Had That Problem, Do A Virus Check On Your Computer,Viruses Can Slow Down Your Whole System!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kev4@1 November 2003 - 05:19
    right i have a fast broadband connection, and i very rarely get downloads that reach 17.00 kb/s and recently every download im downloadin seem to be 4.00 kb/s or less this is very very very annoying as a broadband user! is there a solution to fix this problem, its the only problem of kazaa this is apart from viruses too. my mood:
    remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth, to see if it helps

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    B) i sympathise with you

what works for me when i start to download stuff i make sure im sitting comfortably i have a small pillow at my neck, a small blanket over me, i fall asleep and have a small napm and when i wake up things seem to have taken no time to download

P.S. one time i lost a whole day

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster

Always the best way to use KaZaA

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@1 November 2003 - 15:20
    The download speed is dependent upon the upload speed of the person you are donwloading from.
    nope, there's something bogging down the system. I've contacted both my isp and my carrier...neither of them are setting load limitations. I have a max possible upload speed of 15 on my cable modem, and I see peeps hit me at 12+ and then drop down to like 2 a second later, or then go to 1.17 or even 0.00 And I've been on the short end of that stick too.
    I'm not criticizing anybody, but there is definitely SOMETHING going on with the network, and it's not just peoples conns.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    damnet
    yes, theres is definitively something wrong, i dont have the greatest of conections(256 cable) but after i installed the latest version of klite(maybe it dosent have anything to do with klyte who knows) things started to get ugly, speeds dont go past 5kb/s and most of the time it stays at less then 2kb/s, even files with more then 32usrs or 3000 bandwigth it just dont go past 5kb/s when it does it just stays at that speed for like a second and then drops all the way again.

so obvously its not a few source problem, and not slow sources as well, allready tryed every type of file, everytime diferent sources and everytime the same shit repeats again, it dosnt matter if its 1 source or 20 the speed just dont go past 4 or 5kb/s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast