Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A (potential) way to make somebody to get banned in a private tracker-will this work?

cRaZyzMaN's Avatar Benfica Fan BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    just get a life

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by esoeia View Post
    1. you hate someone.
    2. you get his/her IP
    3. leech a large torrent(say, 100GB) which is being seeded by he/she.
    4. download 100GB of data from he/she, and 100GB from the others. so you have downloaded 200GB of data.
    You can't just hammer someone and force him to upload 100GB of data to you... do you know how the BitTorrent protocol works? The part about lying regarding your downloaded amount is easy to manage, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    There are far easier ways to screw someone over... but i won't discuss them because i don't see any "educational purpose" doing so.

If you want to protect yourself, just be honest and don't mess with anyone. Oh, and having a good firewall & updated AV is always good.

Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by ultrauploader; 06-22-2010 at 07:53 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Champo101's Avatar Im That Guy You Like BT Rep: +1
    I recommend what AbyBeats said. Lol jk. But why would you think that would work?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Just open a tracker, become sysop, say you hate traders and want to hunt them, join one of those places where they all hang out and are super cool, say you don't like the guy you want to screw over and make up some pretence accusation, and see the knob heads banning him!

Proven method.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Champo101's Avatar Im That Guy You Like BT Rep: +1
    YES Cabalo! Yes! Or just get so close to a deal with them when you are trading/buying an account/invite and then message them "Goodnight" And then never respond.
    MWAHAHAHA

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    You could just tell the staff the guy you want banned is one of the FST mods in disguise.

Cabalo
    AlboTheCryingKid
    Detale
    Skiz
    (Skizo sounded cooler dunno why you changed your name to be even more gay than before.)

I could think of some other names but mentioning those above names on quite a few sites might do the trick.
    Put it this way... I know more sites that would ban them for being one of the above mentioned users than would ban them if you were to say they were even Anon

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwner101 View Post
    Put it this way... I know more sites that would ban them for being one of the above mentioned users than would ban them if you were to say they were even Anon
    And I thought that was a sure-fire method.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    This wreaks of dubious intentions. That's not what we do around here.

I am well-known here. Last week, I poster a (dumb) idea about leeching bandwidth from my neighbors. The vast majority, including my friends, stood against my ((lame, unethical) idea. TBH, you will be far better finding another forum to pursue this line of inquiry.

If you want to learn how to be a good member of the community, welcome.
    Im currently leeching bandwidth, so what? (for doing illegal things, of course).

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Just use his username and signup in a tracker.Go to irc and scream that you are a trader.You will be banned almost instantly (especially if its BitmeTV) and in other trackers where the same username is as well.Its an exploit which works very well with dickhead staffs
    Except it doesn't. Troll.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast