Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HDBits

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post

or get to know some thats a member there and kiss seriously ass
    wouldnt matter cause invites are closed and even the highest user classes can't send invites... havent been able to for years now ...

only staff/VIP can send them...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bondgannu's Avatar The Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by davide89 View Post
    yea, if you dont know someone from staff then this tracker is just a dream for you
    True that!!
    Because only staffs and VIP gets invites there!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Just to give you a little more insight. Over the past few years hdbits has opened invites several times. Unfortunately, everytime they do, some f-tard tries to sell the invites on ebay. Then they get closed again. I think in the last few years invites have maybe been open for a matter of hours.

Thats why you can't get one for just being a good filesharer. You need to know one mod's on the site (or vip i think?). They're the only one with invites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    any VIP/staff members here who would like to help ? ?

@bondgannu ... nice to see someone from my city here on fst

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Last edited by waeldiab; 06-25-2010 at 10:36 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod5000 View Post
    Just to give you a little more insight. Over the past few years hdbits has opened invites several times. Unfortunately, everytime they do, some f-tard tries to sell the invites on ebay. Then they get closed again. I think in the last few years invites have maybe been open for a matter of hours.

Thats why you can't get one for just being a good filesharer. You need to know one mod's on the site (or vip i think?). They're the only one with invites.
    This is what you call a catch 22 and they have set themselves up for their own failure .
    It's evident that the place is already invested with traders/sellers so honestly what would be the harm of a few more?

Logically wouldn't the best solution be to let nature run it's course, make invites relatively easily available again ,lower the level of demand and bingo everyone's happy , problem more or less solved.
    Here it's just a prolonged sad attempt at denying reality ,like the Soviet Union or Adam Sandler being funny.

Either that or just make invite by application which gives everyone a fair chance and the staff still has complete control as to who gets in without being looking so Nazi about it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    This is what you call a catch 22 and they have set themselves up for their own failure .
    It's evident that the place is already invested with traders/sellers so honestly what would be the harm of a few more?

Logically wouldn't the best solution be to let nature run it's course, make invites relatively easily available again ,lower the level of demand and bingo everyone's happy , problem more or less solved.
    Here it's just a prolonged sad attempt at denying reality ,like the Soviet Union or Adam Sandler being funny.

Either that or just make invite by application which gives everyone a fair chance and the staff still has complete control as to who gets in without being looking so Nazi about it.
    All of these things have been suggested along with an Invitee committee, bonus point invite rewards, UHD (second highest rank) being able to use at least a few invites, random invite opening intervals... and so on, and so on.

The verdict each time a "sane" option is suggested, is "well, it's too much trouble for what it's worth." Most people have the entire "I'm here, so who gives a shit about the rest" attitude, while the other half of the crowd has the "God, just open it up for 20 minutes so I can invite my one friend" plea. Useless reasoning with either to find a common ground.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Honestly, with the constant nitpicking in the comments and the over-moderation and restrictive invite policy, anyone who isn't in now probably shouldn't go out of their way to join. The site is great in many ways, but there are solid options out there.

They should just open invites and let things play out naturally. Some VIPs are selling invites still, but the one I almost caught is doing it through a third party so I can't prove anything directly. Invites sell for around 150 Euro. I know of at least 3 VIPs selling a few invites every month who can barely keep up with the high demand.
    Last edited by o__O; 06-25-2010 at 01:25 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by o__O View Post
    Honestly, with the constant nitpicking in the comments and the over-moderation and restrictive invite policy, anyone who isn't in now probably shouldn't go out of their way to join. The site is great in many ways, but there are solid options out there.

They should just open invites and let things play out naturally. Some VIPs are selling invites still, but the one I almost caught is doing it through a third party so I can't prove anything directly. Invites sell for around 150 Euro. I know of at least 3 VIPs selling a few invites every month who can barely keep up with the high demand.
    wow never thought it was that bad .........

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tyn624 View Post
    any VIP/staff members here who would like to help ? ?
    Good luck with that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast