Thread: Error

paul_smith
    dont know where i shud post this so.

i keep seeing this:

its ment 2 be a counter, and on other ppls pc it works. its getting really anoying now. how do i fix it? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    paul_smith
    no1 help

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    A hit counter for a site ??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    1. Posting in the appropraite sections might get you more and quick answers.

2. Give more information

where the site is hosted, what counter script you are using - your own or some free site counter?

that pic is not showing up so there is no point seeing that to figure out anything.

check the address of the counter picture of your folder if you created your own scripts and your own pics for that.

maybe then the speculation can be more accurate.

I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    paul_smith
    its the same with anysite that users hit counters , they work on other peoples PCs but not mine.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by paul_smith@1 November 2003 - 18:47
    its the same with anysite that users hit counters , they work on other peoples PCs but not mine.
    Its hard to comprehend with those details. So you are using a free service for counter.

Anyhow, if it works on others then the directory is setup alright. Are you able to see any image on your computer or is it just this? try just refreshing or something. Do you have a firewall that might be blocking this?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    use geocities.com&#39;s counter

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by shubhodeep_das@3 November 2003 - 20:46
    use geocities.com&#39;s counter
    ya but he is not having problem with counter actually working on the site. Only he cannot see (image).
    btw, do they allow counters to be linked externall from another site? I thought they only allow the member pages to have a counter via them.