Thread: Is It Poss. For Mp3s To Harbour Scripts?

Or any other non executable file for that matter. It's just that I dowloaded a track with what appears to be hex in the comment field (WinXP, right click file name, properties, summary). I've never noticed this before.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    anything is possible, microsoft had to patch office to address the macro viruses problems, viruses that use documents as a vehicle to infect computers

what makes you think microsoft media player is immune from all that bs?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@2 November 2003 - 08:07
    So your basically saying that anyone who plays mp3s in wmp is at risk.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Stranger+2 November 2003 - 08:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stranger @ 2 November 2003 - 08:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@2 November 2003 - 08:07
    So your basically saying that anyone who plays mp3s in wmp is at risk. [/b][/quote]
    plese don&#39;t use wmp9 it has drm
    not that i think it has to o anythig with the post, but just don&#39;t use wmp
    :yeabadpr:

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The only thong I have used WMP for in quite some time was wmv, WinAmp seems the best for audio and BSPlayer is very smooth for video...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Even Windows Media Player v6.0 (and possibly earlier&#33 is vulnerable to vbs script files RENAMED to .MP3.

I have just such an ".MP3" file backed up in my antivirus directory.

An &#39;.MP3&#39; file can also be an .ASF/.WMV/.WMA file minus the video with website redirectors in it which then utilize regular Internet Explorer security holes to exploit openings into a computer...