View Poll Results: Do You Use Socks 5 Proxys?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 22.64%
  • No

20 37.74%
  • What the hell are socks 5 proxys??

21 39.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Actualy Use Socks 5 Proxys

Junkyardking,
    I've been using proxies since I learned about them some posts on this message board, and I really really appreciate that people like you are taking the time to share this info, it seriously means a lot to me and there is no way I would figure it out on my own. Recently, though, the proxy server I was using stopped working. I'm hoping this is a result of the proxy shutting down and doesn't have anything to do with the school I go to blocking my access again some other way. I was wondering where you post these lists of working servers and to let you know that what you're doing is important to me. And while you may not be getting tons of replies in this post, friends of mine are now using proxy servers because I showed them how, so the fruits of your efforts are probably greater than it seems. Thanks again. Peace

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    And what is the difference between a proxy server and a Socks 5 proxy server?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by internet.news@5 November 2003 - 13:54
    proxies? are these servers I can use kazaa over them ? so noone can detect me so easily?
    Once Again Read http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry456457

@DesertEagle, also read the above link

It took a few of us to pull together in putting together that pinned post, including Myself, Mr. Blunt and junkyardking helping keep it up to date. I researched that topic on and off for a few months.

I guess junkyardking just wanted to be sure that his efforts are worthwhile. Though I have already stated that I know they are worth while just from the PM that I have gotten from other members regading this topic...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    That was the post I read in the first place. Either way, my response was to junkyardking. I didn't know how this came about and now that you're telling me you were involved Im very grateful to you too if thats what you want to hear, but junkyardking is the one who was wondering if it was worth it to him, so I was responding to him. I have not gone through all these forums and taken notes on what you have previously said and I dont want to sound selfish but I dont really care unless it has something to do with my or any one elses' questions.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by DesertEagle+6 November 2003 - 11:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DesertEagle &#064; 6 November 2003 - 11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That was the post I read in the first place. Either way, my response was to junkyardking. I didn&#39;t know how this came about and now that you&#39;re telling me you were involved Im very grateful to you too if thats what you want to hear, but junkyardking is the one who was wondering if it was worth it to him, so I was responding to him. I have not gone through all these forums and taken notes on what you have previously said and I dont want to sound selfish but I dont really care unless it has something to do with my or any one elses&#39; questions. [/b]

Excuse me then, you said...
    <!--QuoteBegin-DesertEagle

I was wondering where you post these lists[/quote]
    Which I responded...
    My appoligizes for adding a little backround, I was just glad that someone had stated they appreciated the effort that junkyardking had put into updating that post so that he does not feel he is wating his time, which in case your still not clear IS where he posts those lists. Read through IT all the way. Truthfully I think the attitude in your post is uncalled for...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I have read through that message board all the way and that is where I have been getting my proxy info from. I did not notice that you were the author of practically all of the useful information before. About my question, I was under the impression that there was another list somewhere and thats what I was asking about; thank you for clearing that up. I did not mean to imply that you should have known that I had read through that message board already.

About my attitude (I&#39;m putting this here rather than returning your PM so as to clear this up for anyone else feeling the same way you do):

It appeared to me that junkyardking had asked this question about whether or not it was worthwhile to him to continue doing this, and that you had jumped into the exchange to share the link, which Im sure was helpful to others, and then to announce how much a role you played in this whole thing, which doesn&#39;t exactly clear any questions up for anyone, as well as announcing that none of us had to convince you that it was worthwhile to continue the good and generous work you do when it was junkyardking who was unsure of how worthwhile it was. I don&#39;t want to be rude and again, I want to stress how grateful I am "that people like you" (what I said in my original post thanking junkyardking, knowing others deserved credit as well, hint hint) have worked to figure all this out. If this didn&#39;t mean anything to me, I would not have taken this little mix-up as seriously as I have. I hope everything is clear now. Thanks and peace.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by internet.news@5 November 2003 - 21:54
    proxies? are these servers I can use kazaa over them ? so noone

can detect me so easily?
    Yep but it will probaly slow your speed.

The only thing i&#39;ve provided to REALITY&#39;s proxy post was some proxy lists nothing more, i was just wondering if it was worth it providing these lists.

I could post the links to where i got them but i dont because of trolls.

I also had to remove a Saudi Arabia proxy because it was a suspected honeypot thanks nikita69.

But anyway i might post lists in the future B)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by DesertEagle@6 November 2003 - 14:57
    If this didn&#39;t mean anything to me, I would not have taken this little mix-up as seriously as I have. I hope everything is clear now. Thanks and peace.
    Fair Enough...

Enjoy The Board

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    FWIW.. You can download a freeware program called AccessDiver that will quickly test HTTP, HTTPS or Socks4,4a,or5 proxies.. this program also has the ability to eliminate dangerous,duplicate, timed out, non-functioning or non-anonymous proxies and has other very useful features as well.

In the case of Socks5 proxies (which I only use on k-lite) I usuallly go to Free Proxy Filter-Lite at this site you can usually find some working Socks5 proxies on their free proxy list.. good Socks5 proxies are hard to find unless you subscribe (pay) for them. This is where AccessDiver comes into play. I simply copy the proxies into my browser, open AccessDiver click on the Socks Analyzer tab, click the "dagger" Icon and paste them..then right click for the tool menu, "select all" then click the Start botton.. walla it tells you which are good or bad.. select one of your choice and enter it for as the proxy server for k-lite. (k-lite options> firewall tab)

NOTE: If the Proxy stops working.. your search botton will dim out and you will get the "connecting" message until you disable the proxy or enter a new one... I will NOT use K-Lite without using a Socks5 proxy..in my opinion, to do so, would be taking a very unnecessary risk.

In the case of ANONYMOUS HTTP or HTTPS proxies (used for surfing/browsing)
    1) go to the proxy list server of your choice such as StayInvisible.com
    2) If you need to make a LIST or have to test a LIST of proxies .. you can save yourself ALOT OF TIME AND EFFORT if you COPY the the proxy of your choice and PASTE it into WORDPAD or NOTEPAD.. when you have the desired list simply COPY it..open AccessDiver, click on the proxy analyzer tab, click the "dagger" Icon, paste the list, right click and "select all" from the menu and hit the START button.. you can select additional features from the menu..delete dangerous, delete non- anonymous etc.. what you&#39;re left with is a nice working, completly tested list.
    3) CONFIGURE your proxy into your IE or Netscape browser.
    4) TEST your proxy and configuration to MAKE SURE ITS WORKING CORRECTLY.. to do this GO HERE or GO HERE
    5) IF you see YOUR REAL IP ADDRESS in either of these places.. you configured it wrong.

NOTE: IF your proxy stops working.. or you cant access certain programs (cannot find server) you will have to disable or replace the proxy in your IE/Netscape browser configuration.

This all may sound very complicated to some of you but once you get the hang of it these tasks can be carried out in a matter of minutes. I recommend shortcutting these programs to your desktop for fast and easy access.

Hope this helps someone. Merry Christmas all.

EDIT: Link Correction

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    RIAA/MPAA/BSA runs some of the Socks 5 Proxys in the USA.

Using THEM is worse than no proxy at all&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast