Thread: Is My Gaming Idea Viable?

Poster
    My PC is not high-end

(Celeron 1.7GHZ
    256 DDRam
    Geforce 4 MX440
    CD R/W
    DVD-Rom)

and I don't have the cash to keep on upgrading it... Some games run really well, like Max Payne 2, while others run badly like Splinter Cell, so I think that I should leave my PC to playing the odd classic game like SOF 2 or Deus Ex, Internet, DVD Encoding and Video Editing and leave my consoles to the games (Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast) That way, all I'd need is just a PS2 chip (both my other systems are mod-chipped) then I wont have to worry about expensive games, or having to upgrade, seeing as most PC games come out for Xbox...I think I prefer console games to PC... Good Idea/Bad Idea?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    good idea in a way and bad in a way. but the gd thing is your pc will run stuff for about the next year and a half maybe 2 years on mediam settings IF you double your ram (whast £20 well i cant tlk exacly i cant aford that ) still for games like max payne u will want them on pc because of the mods so dont go only getting stuff for ya consouls

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    If I had to make the choice I'd trade one of my consoles in then with that money buy a better graphics card and double the ram... in the long run your pc will serve you better than any console will ever.

Just my two cents.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@2 November 2003 - 15:26
    If I had to make the choice I'd trade one of my consoles in then with that money buy a better graphics card and double the ram... in the long run your pc will serve you better than any console will ever.

Just my two cents.
    i got that gfx card and it runs max payne 2 fine with all the settings high and full and at 1024*. but seriusly double your ram

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    So if games like Mafia and NOLF 2 run choppily now, then with 512 meg DDram they'll run perfectly? (even with Windows 98SE?)
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Vamp@2 November 2003 - 15:35
    So if games like Mafia and NOLF 2 run choppily now, then with 512 meg DDram they'll run perfectly? (even with Windows 98SE?)
    it wod b better to get xp if you can. and i dunno y MAFIA is runnign slow. myu m8'spc. 1.1 duron 256mb ram win xp 32 mb onboard geforce 2 gfx card ran it fine with all settings up high. YES RAM WOD MAKE A BIG MO-FO-ING DIFFERENCE

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    i have only 256MB RAM, and most games work perfectly with me. Then again, I have a 128MB ATI Radeon 9200 grafix card.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    yea dude, you should double your ram, it will help your computer a lot!
    AMD Athlon 2500+
    512 RAM
    80GB Western Digital
    1.83 GHZ
    GYGABYTE ATI Radeon 9200 128MB

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    you think your computer sucks, you should see mine man
    AMD Athlon 2500+
    512 RAM
    80GB Western Digital
    1.83 GHZ
    GYGABYTE ATI Radeon 9200 128MB

10. Games   -   #10
    Twist3r
    it wod b better to get xp if you can. and i dunno y MAFIA is runnign slow. myu m8'spc. 1.1 duron 256mb ram win xp 32 mb onboard geforce 2 gfx card ran it fine with all settings up high. YES RAM WOD MAKE A BIG MO-FO-ING DIFFERENCE
    dont get xp unless you plan on upgrading your ram, im on window xp and i have 256mb ram and games run choppy that ran fine in 98, so if ur into gaming and u want xp i would suggest buying 256mb more ram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast