Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Files On Klite

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    The answer to all ur "file is corrupt" questions is to use something else for large images, software, and some movies..
    Klite is for music, and some small software and videos, not for games!
    For games, use Bittorrent... there's a really good guide in the other P2P section. Or Emule is fine too, but really really slow. So stop asking quesitons about y ur file is corrupt, and do things the rite way.
    i don't know how many times i have answered this question.

if any mods want to pin this, that would be nice.

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@27 October 2003 - 14:42
    The answer to all ur "file is corrupt" questions is to use something else for large images, software, and some movies..
    Klite is for music, and some small software and videos, not for games!
    For games, use Bittorrent... there's a really good guide in the other P2P section. Or Emule is fine too, but really really slow. So stop asking quesitons about y ur file is corrupt, and do things the rite way.
    i don't know how many times i have answered this question.

if any mods want to pin this, that would be nice.
    Clean it up a bit first, make it a bit clearer

The answer to all your "file is corrupt" questions is to use another client for large images, software, and some movies..
    K-Lite is good for music, and some small software and videos, but not for games!
    For games, use Bittorrent... there's a really good guide in the other P2P section. Or Emule is fine too, but really really slow. So stop asking quesitons about why you file is corrupt, and do things the right way.
    I don't know how many times I have answered this question.

If any mods want to pin this, that would be nice.

P.S: If you really want to use Kazaa for images, use CDmage, its a godsend.

EDIT: Kazaa is good for RIPS as well.

3. Games   -   #3
    true, rips can be found on klite, but rips arn't really good quality for games

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@27 October 2003 - 06:53
    The answer to all your "file is corrupt" questions is to use another client for large images, software, and some movies..
    kazaa should be fine for large movie files. the program does corrupt files, but when it corrupts movies it typically means you get a few bad video frames but the movie is otherwise playable. it just causes problems if you want to edit or convert those movies.

where corruption really has the worst effect is on software & games because corruption renders them essentially un-usable.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+27 October 2003 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 27 October 2003 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@27 October 2003 - 06:53
    kazaa should be fine for large movie files. the program does corrupt files, but when it corrupts movies it typically means you get a few bad video frames but the movie is otherwise playable. it just causes problems if you want to edit or convert those movies.

where corruption really has the worst effect is on software & games because corruption renders them essentially un-usable. [/b][/quote]
    exactly wat i was saying. cuz so many new comers were asking y their files didn&#39;t work, and wat the real sizes were. so i thought this would help them out

6. Games   -   #6
    for newcomers, please read this b4 u ask bout y ur file is messed up on kazaa.

7. Games   -   #7
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    kazaa is not even all that good for music anymore. They either are fake, renamed, screeching, or skip like hell. I use piolet for music, now. Not as much of a selection but they&#39;re quality at least.

8. Games   -   #8
    True most large files from Kazaa will be corrupt, unless you download without disconnecting, thats not going to happen.

But you can use CDmage to repair corrupted Images. it has always fixed 100% of the ones i had. untill i had sense to start using eMule (eMule is not slow if you know how to set your settings). i get 3-5 700MB Images in 3 days

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Russo@30 October 2003 - 22:48
    True most large files from Kazaa will be corrupt, unless you download without disconnecting, thats not going to happen.

But you can use CDmage to repair corrupted Images. it has always fixed 100% of the ones i had. untill i had sense to start using eMule (eMule is not slow if you know how to set your settings). i get 3-5 700MB Images in 3 days
    how do u set it? cuz i looked at many faqs and manuals and stuff, and the time it takes to start a dl is still so long.

10. Games   -   #10
    Get a good .met address to start. then manually add servers. go to pages that says add all servers to eDonkey. most of those servers will only stay up for a week or so. but you can automatically delete them after so many attempts to connect.

you should know to right click on your downloads and set the priority to High.

and when you get a certain percentage of a file, it shows up under your shared files tab. right click on the file in shared files and set it to Release. the more you upload a file on the eDonkey network the higher score you get and the higher you are placed in Que. Releasing uploads it more.

Windows XP is faster than 98 and allows you to set your connections higher. you can safely set them at 1000 for both connections and Hard Limit if you have XP.

and the most important thing is , is to stay connect 24 hours a day. when you wait in que for a while you will get pretty good rates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast