Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hd Is Not Detected

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Since this is a downloaded OS program do you think the files just might have been corrupted and that is the cause of your problems.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Shiranai_Baka@3 November 2003 - 11:59
    "sunderu" ano waado nani? =)
    did i make a mmistake. where do you live, japan?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Check that when you make the 1st boot cd rom, that you make the hdd 2nd boot. I once accidently forgot to make the hdd 2nd boot and only had cd rom boot and hdd disabled

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@3 November 2003 - 03:23
    Is the drive connected through some sort of older ATA66 IDE controller or RAID controller? Perhaps you need to load drivers for the installation to detect the drive. Watch the blue screen right after the CD boots, you will see a message that says press (some key - I don't remember which key) to load those type of drivers. You most likely need the drivers on a diskette.

I hope this helps.
    Could very well be your problem mate. Also if you upgraded to XP you would'nt have come across this before.

There are so many possibilities you need to start ruling out some of them to us that you have tried so you can narrow down the problem. Also What is the exact Error message and Error Message Code. This will point you in right direction and also try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...5&Product=winxp

Cus it does sound like Virtualbody1234 could be right.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well i would say her mobo is pretty old, and i think its ATA100.. but i dont think its that.. i think neattairoski has the solution... coz i dont remember having HD as second boot...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12