Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community, Whats Happening To The Network?

Hi everybody.

During the last 2 months i stopped using kazaa because i think it has moved away from what i loved so much about it. Let me explain what i am talking about :

Everyone knows the kazaa status bar saying how many users with how many gb of stuff are online... i think this is a great lie. The inventors of the network have made some money with this software by making people able to 'steal' copyrighted stuff. What makes the community think they wouldn't sell their 'customers' data to the authorities like RIAA and MPAA and whatsoever for some mean bucks? Basically they made their money with ad-displaying and annoying pop/ups/unders what is the most meanest way to make cash on the web... only dialers are one step below. I've been experiencing a certain regress in the network; you can still get single songs in a second but movies for example are so much out of reach. There are too many fakes around and many shitty 'golden icon' files that make me sick and make me believe that much of the info shown in the status bar is plain crap. Please dont get me wrong. I have always loved the Fasttrack network very much because it made people around the globe able to get the files they want off the net and to share them with their friends. No other File-sharing app (except for audio galaxy in its early days) has ever had so much acceptance and it is amazing to see how much love and time people have spent to improve their favorite software (k-lite, sig2dat etc. etc.) but the dark side is that sherman has constantly been bullshitting their 'customers' with evil crapware bundled into their software. To me this clearly is a sign of a certain "fuck off and die" mentality many software producers share and makes me wonder how safe kazaa ever was. In these days when out-of-date organisations and companies struggle for their survival and FIGHT against their customers while signing artists like withney houston with $200M deals for 2 albums and pushing fucked up $10k production cost remix/cover-version albums made by producers and presented by fashion-models on the market i do not see a reason to pay them another cent for harrassing my fellow file-sharers.. What is this? "Give us more money so we can produce more retort-pop crap and develope more shift-key-bypassable 'copy-protections'"??? I dont want to start any of that "i only use it for legal stuff bullshit" because i guess that more than 95% of the shared files are copyrighted and therefor "stolen" but do you care? do you go to the store and pay $20 for some boring new cd with hot 'bonus-material' or do you start the file-sharing app of your choice and have the album there in 192kbps by the time you come back from the shower you wanted to take before going shopping to the mall? ... I thought so

But to come back to the very 'essence' of my post. What is happening to kazaa lately is more than depressing because obviously things are not going right and those who run the network are not to trust. But which network could be the next big thing? BT is nice indeed but hmmm... you know it. Emule is nice too but erm.. wait... yeah right, it sucks. WinMX and DC can be entertaining for some hours but then you surely get pissed off. ES5 is so fucked and crazy up i hardly dare mentioning it among those others. Those other things like ftp, xdcc and bin-leeching are not exactly p2p so they dont count.. i like the go-away-and-come-back-and-do-not-worry-about-connection-closed-feeling that p2p gives me. Oh yeah, i forgot the great new napster bullshit and apples gaitunes but erm... well ... not really free. Freenet is a really great idea made by great idealists but it goes "bandwith or die" for me.

Ok people, now tell me what you think and what should be the next thing we all should stick to? Should i give kazaa another chance or are those RIAA-Bots up my arse whenever i launch kazaa? Dont tell me about this crappy ip-blocking ... it is shit, we all know it is only placebo.

Ok after writing this i roll another one and go to bed...

bye,

kazaaeliteuser

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    who fucking cares?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by DL.@2 November 2003 - 17:44
    who fucking cares?
    What he said

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think i read about 4 lines up that and said fuck that

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    **Yawn**

Oh Im sry was you saying something?

6. File Sharing   -   #6

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    internet.news
    It is never moved away - If you cannot find a file for some time, you should try some time later, maybe the person who share it is not online at the moment.
    It is good if people are online 24/7, but not all of us can do it :) that is why everybody should share - close to his own files - also a little from other people
    to guaruantee file availability :)

Just have a look in "My Shared Folder" :) which now contains over 1000 files...

nice dreams...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster

People are Wayyyy too serious these days.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Sure, the original post is not very condensed or focused. But the answers were not so enlightening either!

But seriously, are other clients, hybrid clients, and other networks finally detronizing fasttrack?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by DL.@3 November 2003 - 00:44
    who fucking cares?
    Same answer again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast