Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Cell Phone

Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal+4 November 2003 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kunal &#064; 4 November 2003 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-phAnt0m buRn@4 November 2003 - 12:49
    can you use a PAYG SIM on a Pay Monthly phone?
    of ourse you can, i do and just get it unlocked or opened up if you want to use it on a different netowork[/b][/quote]
    Most phones come unlocked in the UK nowadays; my son&#39;s 7210, my wife&#39;s & daughter&#39;s 8310s and my T610 were unlocked from new.
    If the PAYG and contract sims are the from same provider they should both work in the phone anyway.

I&#39;m not impressed with either my T610 or T-Mobile: the phone&#39;s ringer takes 5 seconds to get to full volume even when the &#39;ascending ringer&#39; setting is disabled, and if you don&#39;t want T-Mobile&#39;s voicemail feature to take all calls after 25 seconds max, you have to turn it off altogether.
    The screen is all but impossible to see in daylight.
    It&#39;s ugly.
    Mind you, the txt messaging is the best I&#39;ve tried.

I did have a V200 for 2 days but the infra-red function didn&#39;t work, you can&#39;t add words to the T9 dictionary, the characters on the display are childishly huge, the green &#39;dial&#39; button doesn&#39;t dial the contact&#39;s default number when you&#39;re flipping thru the names list (just brings up contact info) and, finally, words don&#39;t wrap in txt messages - you get some of it on one line and the rest of it on the next, like the worst text editor you can imagine.

Is that enough? BTW I gave my son the 7210 because it was pissing me off even more than the T610 does, so I don&#39;t know how I&#39;d like the 7250i.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    se t68i
    it&#39;s not too bad

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Smurfette@4 November 2003 - 19:46
    Most phones come unlocked in the UK nowadays
    that is utter bullshit, sorry. if you buy a phone on one particular netowork, it is locked onto that newtork. only if you buy a phone sim free then i wont be locked onto one network. a mate of mine owns a phone shop so i speak from experiance

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by Kunal@4 November 2003 - 20:10
    that is utter bullshit, sorry. if you buy a phone on one particular netowork, it is locked onto that newtork. only if you buy a phone sim free then i wont be locked onto one network. a mate of mine owns a phone shop so i speak from experiance
    you can buy an unlocked phone with a sim installed though...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    if a phone was baught on contract then it shouldn&#39;t be locked to any network, if it is then you&#39;ve been ripped off, every phone that I have ever got on contract which over the years has been about 5 or 6, I have been able to use them with different sim cards for different networks.

@kunal your mate has misinformed you, or he has crap deals.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    ill get proof that most phones are locked onto one network (im committed&#33

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by Kunal@4 November 2003 - 20:36
    ok, but im just going off first hand experience thats all.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by k-liteuserintheworld+4 November 2003 - 20:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (k-liteuserintheworld @ 4 November 2003 - 20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kunal@4 November 2003 - 20:36
    ok, but im just going off first hand experience thats all. [/b][/quote]
    and my brother works for vodafone...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    im committed

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by Kunal@4 November 2003 - 20:46
    im committed
    this isn&#39;t a relationship, you know...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast