Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Very Slow Boot Times

Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@9 November 2003 - 13:16
    ^^ yes
    but his question was very basic, so I tried to keep the answers basic
    S'cool
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    maybe try defragmenting your harddisk?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Smurfette+9 November 2003 - 13:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 9 November 2003 - 13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3223@9 November 2003 - 06:10
    Originally posted by 3223@8 November 2003 - 16:32
    Originally posted by 3223@4 November 2003 - 23:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem
    @4 November 2003 - 20:23
    @muchspl2. I agree with 3223 on this one; you could do with chilling out a bit. I&#39;ve read a few posts of yours, and you often exhibit an attitude problem. If you don&#39;t have the patience to help newbies, it&#39;s probably wise that you stay out of this sort of thread - although that won&#39;t help you with your spam co..., i mean post count.

Also, there&#39;s no reason why other posters should pm you to voice any grievances, i think you&#39;re confusing yourself with a mod.

@3223. Somebody gave you a link to a site where you can get bootvis; download it. It&#39;s a great little tool for analyzing your system boot and finding what is causing any delay.

Extract the file to your temp folder (key %temp% into your browser to find the extracted file) then click on the Bootvis icon. Click on Trace > Next Boot and Driver delays, then reboot. Once your system reboots you&#39;ll need to allow bootvis to finish, then it will present you with all processes that occur during boot up, in a clear and easy to understand graph. Let us know the results.

Which of the results would you need??

well which results do you need?&#33;?

im getting mad no1 is helping me&#33;&#33;
    There&#39;s no reason to get mad. Have you downloaded bootvis?

First question anyone should&#39;ve asked you (shame on you lot of useless looooooooooooooooooosers ) is:
    Does it take a long time to get to the welcome screen, spending a lot of time on the black &#39;loading&#39; screen, or is it after the welcome screen with the longest wait getting to the desktop from there?
    If it&#39;s taking a long time on the black screen then a defrag and bootvis will help pin down the problem but if the problem is getting from the welcome screen to the desktop, going straight to msconfig&#39;s startup options will afford an immediate improvement. With 256MB RAM, I would say that getting more of that would help the whole process a lot.

Sometimes external peripherals can slow down boot times by either not neing turned on or taking time to reply to XP as it detects what&#39;s connected.

Regarding the bootvis results, just run the program and follow instructions, then when it&#39;s finished you can look at the results and anything taking a long time to complete will be pretty obvious - just come back here and tell us what that is. [/b][/quote]
    yes i got bootvis. it takes the longest on the black screen.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Tell you what i&#39;ll do. After my dinner, i&#39;ll come over and use some of my investigative skills on your box.

Seriously though, use a little initiative man.

Run bootvis > Select Trace > Next boot and driver delays > Reboot and don&#39;t touch your computer again (apart from logging in) until you get the results.

Ok, here are some pics of results of bootvis results on a healthy system (see, i even rebooted my computer to help you&#33

Now when you look at your results, do you see anything different? There is your problem. Describe to us what you find.

Good luck mate.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Boy, LTJ.

Talk about above and beyond...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by clocker@9 November 2003 - 20:23
    Boy, LTJ.

Talk about above and beyond...

What, you mean the reboot right? I&#39;m tooooo good&#33; B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    We are not worthy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    weres the damn link?&#33;&#33;??&#33;&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    @clocker
    B) @me

@TheFilePirater (Is there a problem?)

Do you mean this damn link? > http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/2/12-2-1.shtml

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    @LTJBukem, lol sorry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast