Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Question About Bittorrent

please help i'm a confused still.

when we set up to accept bittorrent ports in the router, we used ipconfig.

for setting up the bittorent client, we are told to use www.whatismyip.com

we did as instructed. they are different ips though.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Octopussy
    ok dont listen to muchpsl2 hes retarded or somting because ipconfig is the real ip of your pc for example im on 56k and everytime i reconnect my ip on whatismyip changes but on ipconfig it stays same...and muchpsl2 stfu i know more then u

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    muchspl2
    if you want to listen to octopussy, please read some of his crazy responses http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?...pic=75581&st=0

as far as what the guide is telling you, its correct, you can EITHIER ipconfig /all or whatsmyip to get your ip

is your light still yellow, or green ? you said you installed shadows..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Octopussy@4 November 2003 - 04:52
    whos this he

ipconfig is right what is my ip is bullshit
    if you are behind a router ipconfig tells you your local IP address and whatismyip your public ip address

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Octopussy
    Originally posted by muchspl2@4 November 2003 - 19:18
    if you want to listen to octopussy, please read some of his crazy responses http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?...pic=75581&st=0

as far as what the guide is telling you, its correct, you can EITHIER ipconfig /all or whatsmyip to get your ip

also shoudl read some of his crazy responces

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Benno@4 November 2003 - 21:01

if you are behind a router ipconfig tells you your local IP address and whatismyip your public ip address
    he 56k so he not behind a router

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    my question was basically why i was getting such back download speeds for bittorrernt but i did some reading back on this forum and found that i must "open ports on my router".

my cousin did it for me just now and i think it's working but i still don't know what "NORMAL" speed for download you are supposed to get.

i'm downloading max paynd 2 and i get around 10 kpbs/second as compared to 2 or 3 kpbs/second i was getting before my cousin did some stuff to the router.
    She said she has a router
    And I dont think she has 56k when she gets d/l speeds about 10KB

Now I just hope Im right otherwise there will be a whole lot of Benno bashing

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    muchspl2
    I was pointing out the fact octopussy is blind and/or dumb
    if hes on 56k and goes to whatsmyip it will tell him his correct ip, the very same as ipconfig /all

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I was pointing out the fact octopussy is blind and/or dumb
    Why pointing out the obvious?

if hes on 56k and goes to whatsmyip it will tell him his correct ip, the very same as ipconfig /all
    Sorry my mistake I thought you are talking about pinkertongirl

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Originally posted by Octopussy+4 November 2003 - 16:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Octopussy &#064; 4 November 2003 - 16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@4 November 2003 - 19:18

also shoudl read some of his crazy responces[/b][/quote]
    lol...crazy responses??? ok I would like to see some evidence please, so far I find muchspl2&#39;s posts helpful and interesting, based on what you&#39;re saying that???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast