123banners.com:2025 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2030 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2060 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2076 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2096 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2105 TIME_WAIT
    123banners.com:2130 TIME_WAIT

a64-124-29-206.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com:http ESTABLISHED
    This is what i see always. Previously, i was a little suspicious of the last one but just ignored everything.
    Just wanted to know why 123banners.com and other is connected.

Thanks in advance!
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    http://123banners.com/ i went their, look like a ad wear place, maybe you were surfing a site with that embedded in a banner, run adaware and get a pop up stopper or change to opera, it has one built in

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thx for replying muchspl2
    I have a popup stopper, and another firewall (BlackICE) and i run adaware & spybot once a month. Nothing there. Interesting thing is when i exit zonealarm those 123banners dont connect anymore. So by eliminating all the other possibilites it seems all those only show up when zonealarm is running. Before I thought I might have download one of those deploy, that companies put out there that connects back to the company (see the last address) and sends ip and all other information so the company can find out who is using a crack software.

But i havent got caught or received a phone call in a year so
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Can the people who have Zonealarm please check whether they see something similar when they do netstat.

For those who don&#39;t know how to use it:
    Go to Start > Run > cmd
    Type: netstat <Enter>

Thanks much&#33;
    I.am

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    run adware and spybot to remove the embeded object

next time u reboot u wont see it anymore

this has nothing to do with firewall

some legit programs use adware and it will establish connections to ad sites

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    maybe it the google toolbar

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by muchspl2@4 November 2003 - 00:07
    maybe it the google toolbar
    watch out

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@3 November 2003 - 23:44

Thanks for replying.
    I have ran spybot as well adware several times before this. After I exhausted my options then I asked the question here.
    Even my impulse was it has nothing to do with firewall, its a dumb thought. But after eliminating every program that connects to net, i only had zonealarm running the ip&#39;s were still in the background. And when I stopped it, they were on TIME_WAIT and eventually gone.

so...still not sure

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by I.am+4 November 2003 - 05:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 4 November 2003 - 05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@3 November 2003 - 23:44

Thanks for replying.
    I have ran spybot as well adware several times before this. After I exhausted my options then I asked the question here.
    Even my impulse was it has nothing to do with firewall, its a dumb thought. But after eliminating every program that connects to net, i only had zonealarm running the ip&#39;s were still in the background. And when I stopped it, they were on TIME_WAIT and eventually gone.

so...still not sure [/b][/quote]
    if you REALLY dont want ur stuff connecting to stuff you dont know use a za firewall rule to block it

do it in firewall->expert->add

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I had already done that but thanks.