Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to keep from getting caught?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    I personally have never got peer guardian to work right..... Peerblock is so simple, you just download it and run it... It updates then your protected.
    Both have been proven to be basically useless as they only use lists which can obviously never be totally up to date .
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman2 View Post
    Well its kind of obvious what I was trying to say...
    It's not that obvious, or at least it wasn't for me. You could have been asking how to trade invites without getting caught, for example.

Seedboxes is new to me and I hear great things from them in how it really helps with the ratio, but how can it help from not getting caught?
    What TVCY said + the BitTorrent swarms never get a hold of your real IP (just like with a VPN). Only the seedbox provider does, when you connect to it to operate its frontend or download files from it to your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Both have been proven to be basically useless as they only use lists which can obviously never be totally up to date .
    It's better than not using any blocklists at all.
    Last edited by anon; 08-17-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It's better than not using any blocklists at all.
    true. it's called placebo effect.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    No ipfilter is 100% fool proof...... peerblock is easy to use and updates every once and in a while... I have seen tons of ips blocked from it.

If your really paranoid....
    Go through 5 proxies, connect to your vpn (that doesn't keep logs), that connects to your vps that is hosted in sealand, and then download your torrents.

*all payments are made under all fake information, with a visa gift card that was bought with cash at a store without cameras....

For the extra paranoid....

Travel to sealand by a boat constructed out of wood yourself, and manually dismantle the server and burn it ensuring all traces of your actions are gone.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-18-2010 at 12:28 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Do it with your door closed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    No ipfilter is 100% fool proof...... peerblock is easy to use and updates every once and in a while... I have seen tons of ips blocked from it.
    It isn't providing you with any protection. They often block harmless university ranges. You have no way of proving that it is blocking malicious IPs.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibre View Post
    It isn't providing you with any protection. They often block harmless university ranges. You have no way of proving that it is blocking malicious IPs.
    Their is no way that you can make me stop running it.... Let me just rub this in a little

No... but on a serious note... I have seen it block movie industry ranges as well as some other anti-p2p groups... So I think it is definitely worth running if you have no protection.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-19-2010 at 01:40 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    people in private trackers get caught as well, just less often than public trackers. Seedbox would be the best way to go for now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by G00DFe77a View Post
    people in private trackers get caught as well, just less often than public trackers. Seedbox would be the best way to go for now.
    {{citation needed}}

Except for torrentleech I never heard that.
    feels good, man

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    No... but on a serious note... I have seen it block movie industry ranges as well as some other anti-p2p groups... So I think it is definitely worth running if you have no protection.
    For those that are interested, here's an ipfilter file that isn't 10-15MB long like most ones out there, but focuses on blocking the really bad ranges:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ed2k-ipfilterx/

Different versions available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel9 View Post
    Except for torrentleech I never heard that.
    You may want to search trackers' forums for "dmca", "baytsp" or "infringement letter". Generally, it happens on the larger ones, such as the already mentioned TL or IPT.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast