Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dsl Speeds

that's not bad, I get my ful 8mb/s
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    i am seriously pissed off with my neighbours wireless bandwidth, they need to upgrade,its killing my downloads.
    Crabgirl's neighbour's broadband has a decent speed it's just the fact that every cunt in the street is using it that slows it down. I'm seriously considering setting up his security so it only accepts his and mine's mac addresses.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    neighbours should show more respect.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    i am seriously pissed off with my neighbours wireless bandwidth, they need to upgrade,its killing my downloads.
    Crabgirl's neighbour's broadband has a decent speed it's just the fact that every cunt in the street is using it that slows it down. I'm seriously considering setting up his security so it only accepts his and mine's mac addresses.
    That's awfully nice of you.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I only use my neighbours' (3) bandwidth in absolute emergencies.

Tho' to be fair about a week ago Mrs JP was using 1, Daughter No1 was using another and I was using my own secure wireless.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    spenz's Avatar Friendly guy BT Rep: +5
    I have 2mbps connection, but if there is a rain even if it's not that heavy. I would get very slow connection. Weird but in our ISPs forum that's been the main problem they complained about.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    HONYAK45's Avatar Zappaologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1036 View Post
    I have DSL and I run at 12.0 Mbps and the most kb/s i get is 200 kb/s.
    Yes if you mean 12 megabit and you can only get 200 kbs then i would say yes you got screwed.I have a 5 megabit DSL connection and frequently get 400-600 KB/s depending on where i'm dl'ing from.That is a big factor too on how fast your dl speed will be.You have to factor in:How fast are the uploaders upload speed capability.How many uploads and downloads do you and the uploader have going at once.The settings in your p2p software have to be set properly along with optimizing windows for downloading since windows was never designed for a lot of downloading.These are some of the things you have to factor in when talking about your dl speeds.
    DC++ hub for lossless Frank Zappa music all lossless ROIO'S & VOIO'S shared though.
    http://www.freewebs.com/honyak45
    http://com4.runboard.com/bhonyaksuniverse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12