Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Well, It's Official.

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@6 November 2003 - 06:22

Why don't you comment about my other points, or is that too painful for you?

No problem.

Comments:
    If you say that Palastine is a country, that's ok with me. Believe me when I say I don't lose much sleep over whether it "really is" a country or not. I started the thread because of the story about the EU, which I found interesting. I realize that the EU had to say that in order to hide what they were doing. In other words, I don't expect to convince anybody either way. Some people believe palastine is a country. Some don't.

As for the main part of your post, I don't doubt any of that happened. I'm sure you are leaving out little facts here and there, but on the whole that is what I have read on my own. That mostly fits with the history of the middle east for the last half century. There is nothing to argue, really.

F.Y.I. here is my thoughts on the occupation of land in general:

If you or your nation owns land, its not permenant because one day you will die. Nations don't die all at once, so they can "keep" land but true ownership never actually happens because a stronger nation can always force them out. Time after time, generation after generation, different groups have displaced other groups. Its unavoidable. The only way it would slow down or stop is a drastic drop in the population. The land you are standing on was once "owned" by another group. Will you give back that land? I would be quite shocked to see Australia give back the state of Victoria to the native people. I don't expect it. We must do our best to get along with each other. You can cut and paste all the propaganda you want, it's no replacement for sympathy and understanding. I think the root problem is the nature of humans, not ownership of land.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    BANNED
    So tell us your opinion of the "occupied territories" issue then.

Do the Palestinians deserve a state?

Does Israel have any obligation to abide by UN resolutions?

Should Israelis be allowed to continue taking land that is owned by other people?

Should the settlements be allowed to stay?

Give us some opinions of your own regarding these issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234