Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, It's Official.

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    For those that were wondering whether or not Palastine "is really" a country, it's not, according to EU spokesman Gerassimos Thomas. Recently the EU presented a survey to about 500 people from each of its member states. They were asked to choose from 15 countries which one was more of a threat to world peace. 59% of those polled said that Israel was the biggest threat to world peace. America was second. When pressed about why palastine wasn't included, Thomas said "It is not a country". Stay tuned for the next EU poll, due to be conducted when hell freezes over-"Is fascism dead?"

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    and extremely evocitive post (and how they should be therefore excellent), i'm afraid i have to agree palistine is not a country, if it is why???

However i do take on the EU's comments i would also agree the the biggest threats to world peace are Israel and the USA is it not a pity however it was worded that way, i.e. the biggest threat to world peace, i would argue those most likely to revolutionise the world, whilst i can not argue that these countries have always had a wholesome responense (and those that read my post will know my criticisms of them) they are nations i believe have good if not at times misguided intentions

I would end with a word of warning to american diplomats now is your time to craft your empire, other nations have had their time, some have done better than others be careful of how history will record you. If ever, due to technoligical and connectivity advances your history will be more discriminationively judged than ours (european countries)

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    I haven't read the details about yet, however, some questions:
    why only 500 surveyed, and it reached the mass media
    I briefly heard it on the news, that Israel said something relating EU shows deep roots of anti-semitism. they got to this conclusion based on 500 OPINIONS?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    So we ARE setting out to construct an empire!

I was lied to!

I feel so cheated.

Think I'll move to Canada, to live amid perfection; maybe it'll rub off, eh? EH?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by nikita69@4 November 2003 - 05:10
    I haven't read the details about yet, however, some questions:
    I briefly heard it on the news, that Israel said something relating EU shows deep roots of anti-semitism. they got to this conclusion based on 500 OPINIONS?
    500 people from each of its member states
    I think the timing of this is particularly bad(or good depending on your stance towards Israel), considering tensions are already high over this issue. I am eagerly awaiting those members who constantly preach "Jews control the media" to get their ass in here and explain how a Jewish controlled media would allow this.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer+4 November 2003 - 07:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer @ 4 November 2003 - 07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@4 November 2003 - 05:10
    I haven&#39;t read the details about yet, however, some questions:
    I briefly heard it on the news, that Israel said something relating EU shows deep roots of anti-semitism.&nbsp; they got to this conclusion based on 500 OPINIONS?
    500 people from each of its member states
    I think the timing of this is particularly bad(or good depending on your stance towards Israel), considering tensions are already high over this issue. I am eagerly awaiting those members who constantly preach "Jews control the media" to get their ass in here and explain how a Jewish controlled media would allow this. [/b][/quote]
    Ooooooh.......

We shant wait long, I think.

They should be along shortly with inane speculation about an obscure (but somehow very well-known amongst anti-semites) conspiracy to gain sympathy through a cunningly perceived and constructed "veil" of oppression.

Think in terms of "The Wizard of Oz".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BANNED
    Well I should think it&#39;s quite obvious&#33; The actual result was 80% thought it was Israel, but the fucking jewish media rigged the result&#33;

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    yeah, what&#39;s more is there aren&#39;t even any Jews left in the world, but the Jewish media is suppressing that too&#33; Also, I can travel through space on my flying carpet and sip tea with a flying pig&#33;

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its hard to not report something like this.

500 people from each nation in the EU is a lot of people, going back to Local papers, in addition to all the public owned media coverage.

I notice you never included a "Source"........whats the betting it was given as little coverage as could possibly be managed without raising eyebrows...I mean there were 1000&#39;s of people involved here, in a major International Consultation/Survey exercise. Its not exactly something that happens every day.

Pallestine isnt a country. It lacks a very basic necessity for being a country..

Self-governing; independent: a sovereign state

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    for anyone who wanted a source.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast