Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'll give you 20 bucks if you promise to shut the fuck up.
    If you ever gave me money, do you think you'd ever hear the end of it? If it wasn't me yapping, the voice of reason would drive you up the wall.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #192
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Season 5 starts October 12th so in honour of my impending disappointment......

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...ad-spinoff-tv/

Need less teen angst ,more badass badassery.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #193
    Seriously you are all queers but I digress.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/13/medi...-dead-ratings/

Not mentioned but also of note is TWD had almost double the number of 18-49 viewers than the second place,Big Bang Theory.

That's a whole lot of power.Hopefully they will use some of that clout to actually employ writers.

4. Movies & TV   -   #194
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Thankfully, it appears that they won't have yet another season of waging a useless war against some little town or group. When Rick said he wanted to back and kill them all I was just about ready to be done with the show. But when they decided to move on I was as happy as I could be for the show and future plot. I would so much rather see them as nomads and experiencing different situations each week or even every couple of shows than these boring seasons of sitting in one place and using infinite amounts of ammo and even tanks.

I think I might even like to see them change writers every season to freshen things up and keep new ideas moving.
    Last edited by Skiz; 10-14-2014 at 08:04 PM.

yo

5. Movies & TV   -   #195
    While I agree it would be more interesting to see what's actually happening to other people/other parts of the country,the story is somewhat hamstrung by having to follow, if only loosely,the plot of the comics.

Then there's the "reality" of the situation(yeah I know)where basically any human in that predicament would look for some home base that was defensible instead of constantly putting themselves at risk.

Now for the really bad news,there is a thing in literature called Chekhov's gun where you don't introduce something unless you intend to use it.
    If Rick's group was all well and done with the Gareth and Termites then Rick wouldn't have specifically made mention of killing Gareth the machete with the red handle g and the show wouldn't have bypassed the opportunity of having Gareth suffering a gory onscreen death.

6. Movies & TV   -   #196
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Now for the really bad news,there is a thing in literature called Chekhov's gun where you don't introduce something unless you intend to use it.
    If Rick's group was all well and done with the Gareth and Termites then Rick wouldn't have specifically made mention of killing Gareth the machete with the red handle g and the show wouldn't have bypassed the opportunity of having Gareth suffering a gory onscreen death.
    Agreed. Maybe I just have my head in the sand trying not to see the inevitable. Also, why would they have ever been caught, captured, etc. if the writers weren't ever going to go anywhere with that plot-line? I agree that it'll prob circle back around to that group in some way. They even made the point to look back at the building with Rick and see the main bad guy standing on the roof.

yo

7. Movies & TV   -   #197
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Great Episode Nonetheless!

("Z Nation" on the Scifi Chanel offers comic relief dealing with the Zombie Apocalypse... something different and has a banal script .)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #198
    What will happen next? I can't wait for the next episode!

9. Movies & TV   -   #199
    Quote Originally Posted by coldtart View Post
    What will happen next? I can't wait for the next episode!
    Rick's all "Arrrgggh" between breaking down and calling "Carel" and then Daryl is like "Sup,motherfuckers" and then some zombies show up.

10. Movies & TV   -   #200
    Looks like AMC is working on a spin off for Walking Dead supposedly in another part of the country or world (unknown for sure). Just heard about it.

[URL="http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article2948552.html"[/URL]

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast