Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The general idea was to give anyone who cares(no one ) a glimpse into a great idea that might have been and maybe also some insight into the realities of Hollywood.

It's not about sex with minors so I'm guessing in your case probably not worth a read.

Anyway I will continue to try and generate some discussion about all things movie/TV until people stop pretending that they belong to torrent trackers for the content.
    So what the Walking Dead could have been. The suspicion I had that allowed me to skip the read was the assumption of it containing info I already tend to know. I was asking on the behalf of everyone else, anyways I'm not in a location where I could comfortably masturbate right now.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #92
    Human_Being's Avatar Poster
    wibbibbilly wobbobboly moobooobboollyy chim chim cheroo
    Perpetual Shitemonger!

3. Movies & TV   -   #93
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The series is turning darker by the minute and if the rumours are right it's going to get pitch black very soon.
    Some would say that the show is only holding true to the spirit of the source material but personally I could stand a little ray of sun peaking through occasionally even if the whole "end of World" thing makes that light not very plausible.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #94
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    The series is turning darker by the minute and if the rumours are right it's going to get pitch black very soon.
    Some would say that the show is only holding true to the spirit of the source material but personally I could stand a little ray of sun peaking through occasionally even if the whole "end of World" thing makes that light not very plausible.
    In the source material Shane was killed early in. This has striven radically from the source. It's too much triangle and not enough zombies. The writers tried to float the idea of a wider scenario, encompassing multiple pockets of humanity, breaching the premise, but it got binned for love amongst the corpses.

Wank to the max.

5. Movies & TV   -   #95
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    In the source material Shane was killed early in. This has striven radically from the source. It's too much triangle and not enough zombies. The writers tried to float the idea of a wider scenario, encompassing multiple pockets of humanity, breaching the premise, but it got binned for love amongst the corpses.

Wank to the max.
    In the comics/graphic novels Shane was killed by Carl basically as a device to establish the depth of his(Carl's) psychosis .In the series ,except for Sophia's death/zombification, which didn't happen in the books,everything is tempered for TV.Carl being a child , is not a full-blown psycho but merely becoming "hardened" by the extremity of his environment.

Also I agree that the show has missed most opportunities to be about the larger (and more interesting) issues and settled safely into a sporadically annoying soap opera. Which is really incredibly stupid on the producer's part since there are soap opera fans and there are zombie fans and clearly ne'er the twain shall meet.

Major potential
    Spoiler: Show

6. Movies & TV   -   #96
    18 Miles Out. Great title. Bored me to death. I don't know how anyone can make a lone person struggling for their life trapped in a bus surrounded by zombies unexciting but they managed it.
    Spoiler: Show

7. Movies & TV   -   #97
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Show got a little better.. They need to find an armoury and show more blood, guts, & brains. Maybe get a chick with big titties on there too.

8. Movies & TV   -   #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    Show got a little better.. They need to find an armoury and show more blood, guts, & brains. Maybe get a chick with big titties on there too.
    So basically just set your daydreams to film then.

Anyway a big problem with the show this season is that it lacks much/any forward momentum.Weeks of ominous portending followed by a cliffhanger to hook the suckers into the next cycle does not a good show make.
    Another thing about the last episode(18 Miles Out) is that (for me) the action seemed to lack any immediacy.The continual cutting back to the farm certainly didn't help( even though I could see what they where attempting to juxtapose here) but the zombie attack at the school really needed to be more "in your face'.

9. Movies & TV   -   #99
    the season started off slow and pretty boring...its def getting better. though many characters get on my nerves

10. Movies & TV   -   #100
    BitMan55's Avatar Poster
    i don't know Why i don't like it ?!!

i'll try to see it after many posts thank with it
    Last edited by BitMan55; 03-02-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast