Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    2 episodes until I am up-to-date on TWD.

RE: Terminus...

Season 5 is looking like it may be the best one yet.

1. Isn't Beth a little too old for Daryl?
    2. Carol f'd up some Terminus.
    3. Boxcar-made weapons FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #222
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm.In my opinion,having seen most episodes at least twice,the show hasn't really been good since sometime around when the got to the Center for Disease Control in season 1 and almost totally lacking in drama since Shane died.

Something like this suffers from (inevitable) predictability where even the main character deaths seem to be merely ticking off the boxes.
    Also the group is so "capable" now that increasingly ludicrous situations are necessary to give the merest hint of desperate circumstance.

That and don't kill Beth even though they/re going to.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #223
    Yeah, maybe I got a little too excited with the gusto of the first episode. Watching the shows back-to-back gave it some decent pacing that I would not have had patience for on a weekly basis. Am now poised for this week's episode. I expect Beth will last through most of this season. Cute as a button! Actually thought her name was "Lew Temple" because she looks so much like Juno. Turns out Lew is a guy.

Didn't care much for the Shane love triangle. Care even less for the crying baby in my zombie apocalypse. If I wanted to listen to crying babies, I'd buy a movie ticket... Actually smiled when they showed the blood soaked infant seat. Died a little inside when they brought her back.

The over-zealous militant guy and the internet geek pretending to be an uber-scientist arc isn't doing much for me, either.

Exploding propane tanks and human slaughterhouses- gimme more of that!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #224
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Meg, I haven't watched the last episode of TWD yet either... so without shedding spoilers (watching it tonight I think) with, "...have an extra leg muscle, obviously." ...are they eluding to dessert treats or Halloween snacks?

(...or should I just make some popcorn?)
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-31-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #225
    I'd avoid jerky, or rare steak, if I were you...

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-31-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Movies & TV   -   #226
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    INDEED!

(...and a promise is a promise...
    )
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #227
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    haha, lil Sophia became a zombie. really did not expect it.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

8. Movies & TV   -   #228
    Why oh why do they take long breaks in the middle of the season???

9. Movies & TV   -   #229
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Because the knob who gets paid too much to produce that rubbish needs to pay a stranger with a half a brain to water down the next few average episodes he hasn't written yet into ten more real mediocre ones.
    Last edited by Alien5; 11-23-2014 at 06:34 AM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #230
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    Why oh why do they take long breaks in the middle of the season???
    In the past shows used to run seasons of 30 episodes but now mostly due to economics only 22-24.Also shows used to do the full run of episodes and then repeat most of them immediately thereafter so during the course of the year the series was basically never off.

On the other hand The Walking Dead season consists of only 16 episodes(up run 13 the first couple of seasons when the network was still uncertain of it's success) so you do the math.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast