Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "pristine Copies Of Revolutions & Rotk Dl'd W/ Dsl

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Does anyone here ever listen to the Howard Stern Show?

A topic of discussion today was yesterday's 60 Minutes segment on the ever growing pirating of movies (interviews w/ Fox chief, M. Night Shyamalan, Grokster chief, etc - the clip's on Suprnova right now).

A listener called in and said that she had already downloaded & watched The Matrix Revolutions and LOTR: Return of The King. Granted, they were copies from Asia w/ subtitles, but they were supposedly in great condition, and when asked how long it takes to d.l. 1 film, she said "around 15 min w/ DSL". Her p2p's of choice are "Grokster or Morpheus", both of which I've never tried, but they use the same technology/search engine database as Kazaa, correct?

So here's what I'd like cleared up:

#1) I've always read that if it isn't listed on VCDQuality, it don't exist. -> Where is she getting these?

#2) "around 15 min w/ DSL". Still can't fathom that one - I've got DSL & it still takes me up to a couple of days to download a movie with the fast clients, K-Lite & BT & seemingly takes years with eDonkey...

Please shed some light.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i think shes a lion

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2
    don't believe ever thing you here
    the whole story is full of holes, 1. she got it i fifteen, I got a super fast connect even the fastest is around 45, so that BS
    next she uses gorkser, it was on that show, and to my knowledge, is like fast track, 99% of the time is the last to get shit (news groups -> irc -> bittorrent -> fast track) so thats BS
    and she has seen 2 movies that are highly guarded and anticipated so call BS on that also

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    yep here in asia we get movie fast from CHINA, even iam confused how they get it so fast and there r in DVD saling for 20Dhs(UAE Dirhams) which is about 2 or 3 US$ for example the johhny english was released 2 month's before Releasing.

Man i Become angery when they get it before us

Edit:
    About Matrix i think its BS

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    I believe you all. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't ridiculously out of the loop on filesharing . True, Stern's is a wacky show, but the call wasn't a bit, it seemed fairly legit.

Anyway, muchspl2,
    Which newsgroups typically get stuff first, alt.binaries.multimedia?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    thats the biggest pile of shit ive ever herd!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Which newsgroups typically get stuff first, alt.binaries.multimedia?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    u can get movies in around an hour on mirc tho, if u have a good connection, and of course, if the movie isnt too big in size, 15mins tho, and matrix rev, thats just silly talk

maybe the dumb cow got a matrix revolution trailer in 15mins

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    audiences of the howard stern show are intended for half-intelligent beings who really couldn't be bothered about what's really happening in the p2p world, so I'll have to say whoever made this 15min thing up is just complete BS.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 08:50
    Does anyone here ever listen to the Howard Stern Show?

A topic of discussion today was yesterday's 60 Minutes segment on the ever growing pirating of movies (interviews w/ Fox chief, M. Night Shyamalan, Grokster chief, etc - the clip's on Suprnova right now).

A listener called in and said that she had already downloaded & watched The Matrix Revolutions and LOTR: Return of The King. Granted, they were copies from Asia w/ subtitles, but they were supposedly in great condition, and when asked how long it takes to d.l. 1 film, she said "around 15 min w/ DSL". Her p2p's of choice are "Grokster or Morpheus", both of which I've never tried, but they use the same technology/search engine database as Kazaa, correct?

So here's what I'd like cleared up:

#1) I've always read that if it isn't listed on VCDQuality, it don't exist. -> Where is she getting these?

#2) "around 15 min w/ DSL". Still can't fathom that one - I've got DSL & it still takes me up to a couple of days to download a movie with the fast clients, K-Lite & BT & seemingly takes years with eDonkey...

Please shed some light.
    u dont call this woman Dory by any chance
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast