Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ipv6 working in Windows 7 / Windows 2008 for FREE usenet without 3rd party software.

@ pip99
    Quote Originally Posted by pip99 View Post
    what's the problem ?, your obviously not looking in the right place , its all been covered Right Here on https://filesharingtalk.com forget those external links.

in effect you simply open a cmd cli/shell, type 'ipv6 install' ,to get the dual IPv6 windows stack going and attached on your Ethernet/wireless cards, go and get the go6 ipv4 to ipv6 tunnel app for your OS , add a working ipv6 usenet server or two into SABnzbd+, and be happy.

for instance this thread of several available is good enough.

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/351624-Free-IPv6-News-Servers-Guide-(NZB-PAR-Newsgroups-Guide)?highlight=ipv6+server
    Hmm your link to another thread is not what im doing here/I have read it b4/I posted in that thread a long time ago but its okay you are obviously not reading enough/understanding before your spreading knowledge of a well known and documented way of getting ipv6 working whereas I am doing something completely different and its stated in the title of the thread. you just didnt get it. NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE. meaning no go6. this is direct ipv6 via the components built into the operating system WIndows 7. the reason is so you dont have to mess with running an app like go6, you just boot the pc and everything works no hassle after the initial one time setup. Also, yes you found a typo in the post above but that is not what i used in the ping test. 8 connections is allowed through the xsnews free test service. i have seen ppl say anywhere from 3-10 connections on xsnews are allowed. if you use too many sab will show an error and say something about too many connections. xsnews has been decreasing the max number of connections over time, at one point years ago i had 25 connections but i now use 8 and have no problems due to number of connections, not to say in the future the the max number allowed will remain at 8.
    Last edited by rdtphd; 10-20-2010 at 03:46 AM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Some feedback.
    It's incredibly easy to setup miredo in linux and then use any news client and access ipv6 servers without having to configure a single parameter. It was way too easy, I couldn't believe it. Ubuntu+Miredo+sabnzbd is by far the easiest solution I've come across with.

1. Install Ubuntu (It's an operating system, very user friendly, ideal for linux beginners.
    2. sudo apt-get miredo (Miredo is used to tunnel IPv6 over UDP through NATs)
    3. sudo apt-get sabnzbdplus (probably the most complete usenet client around.)
    4. download like a pig

I hadn't tested this earlier as my ubuntu box had experienced some hardware problems, but now I can confirm how stupidly easy it is.

Another solution for those who are too lazy or don't want to risk a dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu, then go for the easy solution. Install VMWare, and run Ubuntu on that virtual machine. You can mess all you want, and that's what I recommend to every single beginner.

As for Windows, I haven't yet found any solution to bypass the router's NAT without a tunnel. The TCP traffic is the problem, and the way I see it, only going for an alternate UDP solution could "trick" the router. It's not that easy on windows, though miredo does a splendid job on .deb .

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Wow i gave it a try one more time and i did it it works like a charm
    7938610350.png
    I installed sabnzbd as well and it look ok.I actually like it more than newsleecher.I used this server
    newszilla6.xs4all.nl -- IPv6-only from that list i saw in the other guide. 2736609621.png
    Now i download for free with almost 2 mb/s.Thanks for the guide
    Last edited by snap3r; 11-30-2010 at 02:03 AM. Reason: cuz i can

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    But are you behind any router or just a Modem?

By the way, I'm moving this to the tutorials section.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-30-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Im not behind a router nor a modem cuz i changed ISP's with a better one.And yesterday i tried to see if ipv6.google.com is working just for the kicks and surprise it did.So i came back here and try to make it download from usenet using sabnzb.It took me a while but i did it
    Downloading with 6 mb/s now from free servers with up to 200 days retention http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/534/4088060140.png
    Also i found this guide http://www.stompfest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9208 on how to tunnel on windows but its of no use to me now.You can also try this solution http://www.sixxs.net/main/ i signup for it yesterday and im waiting for manual confirmation.
    Last edited by snap3r; 11-30-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: cuz i can

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    One thing i dont get it
    Were do you get Free Usenet?
    we still need a free usenet account (just4today)?
    Can we download anything regardless of the retention and/or daily bandwith limit ?

whats the difference between windows ipv4 + just4today (10 days retention)
    and the linux ipv6 stuff?
    Last edited by rhemux; 01-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rhemux View Post
    Were do you get Free Usenet?
    we still need a free usenet account (just4today)?
    Check the threads in the Newsgroups section.

Can we download anything regardless of the retention and/or daily bandwith limit ?
    If the files' age is older than the server's maximum retention, then I doubt you can.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Ok , i know that ipv4 ip addresses are running out and that the ipv6 is the future
    http://www.networkdictionary.com/net...IPv6vsIPv4.php

but ...can you see the difference in speed and completion from ipv4 to the next-gen one, is it substancial?

regarding to my free usenet questions ...by the importance given to the topic, i thought that a "way" was found to overcome the "restrictions" of the free accounts.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    yamada's Avatar Poster
    This is very interesting, I'll try when I have time.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    ipv6 is going to be slower than ipv4 bc there is all the tunneling between the 2 when trying to use ipv6. when/if the tunneling is not required the speed between ipv4 and 6 will be comparable. all the conversion is bogging down the system. I plan to update this again. I lost interest after I got it to work behind a modem+router bc i have a linux server that does all my downloading. Just did it for fun to see if I could get it to work. Windows 7 is pretty sketchy when trying to get this to work. I like seeing that most ppl dont get that this is purely trying to tunnel WITHOUT 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE. this means NO go6 no 3rd party tunnelling client.
    Last edited by rdtphd; 04-08-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast