Thread: Corrupted File

Recently, I downloaded some programs, all are above 150M and compressed with RAR. Through all lengthly downloading time, I found the files are not workable. Testing with WINRAR, the CRC files were always corrupted.

It is really frustrated after waiting in front of the computer for 5 hours due to slow ADSL. Is there is anyway to check if the file is intact before downloading? I don't think so

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    The source is normally 99 ok mate.The damage normally occurres throught the transfer.Tri and download them with a different program,,some have better error correction than others.Or if its off the net and you're using any download accl or managers disable them first.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    PAiNKiLLER
    No. There aren't any way to check the file before downloading. And all the corrupted files cannot be fixed. It depends upon what the file is...
    What files did u ddl anyway???

Image Resized

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by joke@4 November 2003 - 08:37
    ... and how to fix it
    KCF

Of course, it only works when the source is ok, like ck-uk said.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    internet.news
    ADSL is slow?

shouldn't it be fast?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well, I tried Final fantasy 7, CS, adobe premiere pro and premiere 6.5

My connection is 256/64 adsl but most of the time, total dl speed is not more than 20k and gradually drop the speed over the time even I used the accelerator. I really miss the dl speed in Uni 100K to 200K.....