Thread: The New Empire

Poster
    Its an empire Jim but not as we know

I have lifted this a post I made in another thread, feeling it is an important issue but does not have significant relevance to Brussels to be stated there

Original post taken from Well, It's Official., news Brussels news flash news news news

“However i do take on the EU's comments i would also agree the the biggest threats to world peace are Israel and the USA is it not a pity however it was worded that way, i.e. the biggest threat to world peace, i would argue those most likely to revolutionise the world, whilst i can not argue that these countries have always had a wholesome responses (and those that read my post will know my criticisms of them) they are nations I believe have good if not at times misguided intentions

I would end with a word of warning to American diplomats now is your time to craft your empire, other nations have had their time, some have done better than others be careful of how history will record you. If ever, due to technological and connectivity advances your history will be more discriminatively judged than ours (European countries)”

I honestly believe America is crafting it’s empire as we speak it’s desire to control key economic markets (such as oil) it’s zeal in offering support to those that will pay by sharing political ideologies (South Korea?) has set it well underway.

I would envisage however it will be a far cry from that of the colonial British empire the proceed it however. With the information age upon us I would map it out as one of strategic control and why not, is that not what the leading alternative brand Germany is doing? Simply proxying it’s own name with Europe

Colonisation is over, in today’s culture it is seen as over kill and a father of suppression, and where do the ruins of British Empire now go to lay.

Glen Jacobs (a presenter on the UK Talk Radio show), had his own ideas, the only way the British could cement a future without surrendering to Europe was to join an English Speaking alliance (his words now ring with haunting prophectic resonance under the collation)

From Mongolia till Britain (the last empire) it has always been this way, should things be different in our new millennium? Are Europe and America the only contenders, who will win the race? Or either worthy of the prize?

EDIT: spelling

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    If it's not an "empire", as we know empires to be, shouldn't it be called something else?

Odd, in this politically-correct world, how new terms are coined and language co-opted and mutilated constantly, but when a term with all the negative connotation already "built-in" is required, words like "empire" are so easily resurrected to fill the bill.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    It's not an empire! obviously. But it is a suppressive regime that only cares about it's people, and that's only because they are the electrate.

Like one US guy once said, "if 200 Arabs die half way across the world, we don't care; but we do care when the oil prices fall by a cent."

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Will_518@4 November 2003 - 19:29
    It's not an empire! obviously. But it is a suppressive regime that only cares about it's people, and that's only because they are the electrate.

Like one US guy once said, "if 200 Arabs die half way across the world, we don't care; but we do care when the oil prices fall by a cent."
    i used the word emperor and feel i have displayed how this has changed, i do believe we are at a stage of the rising of the new emperor (as we had the mongolians the spainish, etc) we are on the brink of new one, the two main centendors i would argue are germany (be proxy) and USA. I admit this is somewhat of furturistic veiw and probably not so much based in the here and now.

"Like one US guy once said, "if 200 Arabs die half way across the world, we don't care; but we do care when the oil prices fall by a cent.""

God help us all, it isn't worth fighting for and it has been proved

http://www.systemics.com/docs/ricardo/principles.html

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    I don't doubt some consolidation of power is happening, and I never said in any thread whatsoever "America is not planning some shit" because it looks like they are. It also looks like Europe is too. I wish this post wasn't so vague, but oh well. I hope that human beings can one day learn to live in peace with each other, because the state of the world looks bleak right now. Too many weapons, too much hatred, jealousy, ect...

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    "Were we supposed to enjoy the highest position that the state is able to confer, and yet remain entirely oblivious of the national interests?... Curse it, do you have to be voluntary slaves?"
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero to the aristocrats of the Roman Senate, when they obeyed the autocrat Marcus Antonius, "The First Philippic Against Marcus Antonius", September 2cnd, 44 B.C.

taken from the link rat faced kindly provided

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Pax Americana, baby.