Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRC and Usenet

sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Is it even worth it getting on IRC for anything Usenet? My IRC experience is minimal. I have been getting my stuff mainly from sites such as this. Just wondered if I was missing out on something or not.
    Last edited by sandman_1; 09-06-2010 at 11:51 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    #gotnzb4u on efnet is a neat system. basically you search there site and every request has a number. then you type -sn req#.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I created this guide a while ago, https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/3...-NZB-s-Off-IRC

To connect to the server and join the channel use this command: /server -m irc.efnet.nl -j #gotnzb4u

There are many other chans which aren't indexed using #gotnzb4u, such as #mp3.spam, #alt.binaries.inner-sanctum, All sub-agbx channels etc.

Alternatively you can join a NZB site with RSS (I believe FST has one ) or use a search engine (NZBIndex, Binsearch etc)
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    In my opinion it's not necessary because it's practically the same thing as using a public site that automatically indexes.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by patroclus View Post
    In my opinion it's not necessary because it's practically the same thing as using a public site that automatically indexes.
    not true, on irc you make a request and have it filled quik if not instantly. Most nzb sites requests sections are filled mostly by someone making an irc request for a fill.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Is it even worth it getting on IRC for anything Usenet? My IRC experience is minimal. I have been getting my stuff mainly from sites such as this. Just wondered if I was missing out on something or not.
    Went to their website http://www.gotnzb4u.me.uk/ and registered for an account. Said it would send an email but it didn't and said if I didn't get an email to contact the admin. How to do that is a mystery to me since the site doesn't have that info as far I can tell. Would it be appropriate to do this on their IRC channel?

iLOVENZB wrote:

To connect to the server and join the channel use this command: /server -m irc.efnet.nl -j #gotnzb4u
    I copy and pasted that and it says that I need a password? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I think you're doing something wrong sandman_1, #gotnzb4u is a open channel ie. You don't need a invite or a key.

Can you copy/paste your log or supply a screenshot?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    [INFO] Network view for “-m:irc.efnet.nl” opened.
    [INFO] Attempting to connect to “-m:irc.efnet.nl”. Use /cancel to abort.
    [INFO] Connecting to irc://-m:irc.efnet.nl/,needpass (irc://-m:irc.efnet.nl/,needpass)… [Cancel]
    [ERROR] Error creating socket.
    That is what I get with Chatzilla.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Sorry, I assumed you were using mIRC which means that the command I gave you won't work .

/server irc.efnet.nl
    /join #gotnzb4u

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    liliglobe's Avatar n00b
    What are you talking about friends? I am not getting you properly. Please tell me in detail, so that I can be a part of this forum.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Liliglobe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast