Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bible

Who is GOD ?

I personally think:

Religion = BRAINWASHING

I believe it's each to their own though, I dont think I'm any better than the next person and have total respect for others who have beliefs(fall for it), so:

Name one miracle apart from the fact that millions of people still believe all the bullshit associated with the bible.

Wheres the evidence ?

If there is a god ? He has an incredible sense of humour.

Anyone heard of EVOLUTION ?

Hope I don't end up in HELL now
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

2. Lounge   -   #32
    i hope this doesnt offend anyone, but i'de just like to admit that i once used the pages of the bible to whipe my ass, i thought maybe if i did that my ass would be holy.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shinzuiski@6 November 2003 - 15:47
    i hope this doesnt offend anyone, but i'de just like to admit that i once used the pages of the bible to whipe my ass, i thought maybe if i did that my ass would be holy.
    And the point of that post was? It doesn't really bring much to the discussion does it?

Are the other 60-odd posts you've made in the last 5 days of this stirling quality?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@4 November 2003 - 21:13

Christians everywhere are equal
    Actually the bible says that ALL men are equal. Funny how the spanish were so equal to the inca's Convert or die.

What about the world wars? people of the same religion from different countries being told that god is with them. You can soon spot the hypocrites from those that really live their lives by bible standards.

Evolution? What crap imo... How many fish crept from the water and died thinking, "Shit, I must evolve lungs next time." Or an animal becoming a bird plummeting to earth thinking, "Shiitttt, I forgot to evolve wings." If men came from apes where's all the fossils? There claims to be a handful which turn out to be fakes.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Thorin+12 November 2003 - 23:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thorin &#064; 12 November 2003 - 23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@4 November 2003 - 21:13

Christians everywhere are equal
    Actually the bible says that ALL men are equal. Funny how the spanish were so equal to the inca&#39;s Convert or die.

What about the world wars? people of the same religion from different countries being told that god is with them. You can soon spot the hypocrites from those that really live their lives by bible standards.

Evolution? What crap imo... How many fish crept from the water and died thinking, "Shit, I must evolve lungs next time." Or an animal becoming a bird plummeting to earth thinking, "Shiitttt, I forgot to evolve wings." If men came from apes where&#39;s all the fossils? There claims to be a handful which turn out to be fakes. [/b][/quote]
    My god, that is so stupid...

What about World Wars. The people weren&#39;t fighting for religious reasons in those Wars, they were fighting because one country thought that they were superior.

And about your evolution crap. Give me some evidence proving the extrememly intelligent scientists wrong. They have worked for years on this, and you bring out the assumption, against all scientific findings, that fish crept out of water and thought, "Shit."

So an animal just started flying, then plummeted to the earth... riight.

I also don&#39;t understand what you are trying to say by this post. Are you for or against Christianity?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    soiD's Avatar Member
    Here are my favorite quotes in the bible:

"When men fight with one another, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall have no pity."

Christian god-Deuteronomy 25:11

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Moses-Numbers 31:17

"But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman, then you shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father&#39;s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..."

Christian god-Deuteronomy 22:20

"David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines; and David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king&#39;s son-in-law."

1 Samuel 18:27

"I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..."

Christian god-Ezekiel 32:5

"I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rend them."

Christian god-Hosea 13:8

"And I will fill your mountains with the slain; on your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall...Then you shall know that I am the Lord."

Christian god-Ezekiel 35:8

"While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the sabbath day...And the Lord said to Moses, &#39;The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.&#39; And all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses."

Numbers 15:32

"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you. I, the Lord, have spoken."

Christian god-Ezekiel 5:10, 5:17

"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.&#39;"

Jesus speaking in a parable
    Luke 19:27

"...but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or the age to come."

Jesus-Matthew 12:32

"He who believes and who is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."

Jesus-Mark 16:16

"The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth."

Jesus-Matthew 13:49

"...he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Jesus-John 3:18

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the son shall not see life, but the wrath of god rests upon him."

Jesus-John 3:36

"If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned."

Jesus-John 15:6

"Do you think I have to come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against her mother, mother- in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in- law."

Jesus-Luke 12:51

"If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

Jesus-Luke 14:26

"O, woman, what have you to do with me?"

Jesus talking to his mother
    John 1:4

"As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church."

1 Corinthians 14:34

"Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord."

Ephesians 5:22

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."

Timothy 2:11

"It is well for a man not to touch a woman."

1 Corinthians 7:1

"Samar&#39;ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open."

Hosea 13:16

"Now go and smote Am&#39;alek and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

Christian god-1 Sameul 15:3

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock&#33;"

Psalms 137:9

I have much more too. I want to see what all the Christians feel about these quotes. And if they are proud to be Christian. B)

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Deuteronomy 25:11

I think I would have her hand cut off too. Privates are not exactly made for squeezing&#33; OUCH&#33; That&#39;s pretty low when a woman can&#39;t allow men to settle their differances mano-a-mano, and she has to go for the family jewels because her
    wimpy husband is getting his butt kicked.

--------------------------------------------------
    Numbers 31:17

If you read the entire chapter you&#39;ll see that the reason that the people were killed was to prevent the spreading of a plague. Seems that the plague was spread through the male gene side.

Deuteronomy 22:20

They had very tough laws in those days for sexual immorality. It was very important that a girl was not sleeping around. It would of been pretty bad for a man to leave all his inheritance to another mans child, when he thought it was his own.

1 Samuel 18:27

Just goes to show you what a man will do for the love of a woman. Hehe

Ezekiel 32:5, Hosea 13:8, Ezekiel 35:8, Ezekiel 5:10,5:17

Nice to know that God is no wimp, and He is willing to kick some a&#036;&#036; when He needs to.

Numbers 15:32

That was the law back then for the Jewish people. Just the same way that mankind has the power over the animals of the world to kill them or to let them live (because we are greater then them), God can excercise His right to kill us or let us live because He is greater then us.

Luke 19:27

Yes, that&#39;s part of a parable Jesus was telling. The quote was the words of the nobleman, not Jesus.

Matthew 12:32

The "speaking against the Holy Spirit" was a very serious sin which was unpardonable. People that committed it could never be forgiven. The problem was that Jesus was doing all these miracles by the very power that the Holy Spirit gave
    him. It was these miracles that proved that he was really from God, for only one from God could perform such amazing things, But the ones that committed this sin were saying that Jesus was doing his miracles by the power of the devil (Matthew 12:22-37). Saying that the devil did those miracles when the Holy Spirit did them through Jesus was unforgivable in God&#39;s eyes.

---------------------------------------------------
    Mark 16:16, St. John 3:18,36, 15:6

God makes the rules, so that&#39;s the final word. People might be brave now and talk shit about God, but when death is creeping upon you.... you will be scared to hell of death. I know that feeling. I almost died several times, and I was scared not sure what to expect on the otherside. When your healthy and fine....there is no fear. Things are differant when your time is almost up.

Matthew 13:49

This will happen at judgement day

St. Luke 12:51

How true that was&#33; Many of the Jewish families were divided because of differances in beliefs.

St. Luke 14:26

Jesus was not saying for people to "hate" their parents. The word was misstranslated from the greek. The true meaning is "love less".

St. John 1:4 (I think you meant 2:4)

Mary was trying to excercise her authority over Jesus as his mom, by getting him to perform a miracle (turning water into wine). Jesus was reminding his mom that it was not yet his time to be demonstrating his powers. He gave-in and did the miracle. It&#39;s because of this that many Catholics pray to Mary for intersession. They figure that just as Mary convinced Jesus to perform that miracle, she can now convince Jesus to answer their prayers.

1 Corinthians 14:34

This verse actually meant that there were woman that went to church to gossip or to chat. It was very unpolite. Church was a place of worship, not to find out the gossip of the week.

Ephesians 5:22

This doesn&#39;t mean that woman should be slaves to their husbands. It means that a woman should be there to support her husband in all things. The husband should be the boss of the household, but should not abuse his power. He should treat his wife as a queen and be aware of her needs also (See verse 5:25).

Timothy 2:11

This is St. Paul and what his opinion was on woman teaching. Its not a commandment from God for woman not to teach men.

1 Corinthians 7:1

Yes, sometimes the life of celibacy is better for a man that wants to serve God. This was St. Pauls opinion too. 7:32-35 explains more.

Hosea 13:16

Just some foretold prophecy.

1 Samuel 15:3

Just like a cancer that has to be cut out to save the rest of the body. These cities had to be destroyed as to protect the rest of the human race. The children were being raised in a enviroment were adult/child sex, and animal/human sex was the normal. Every living thing had been corrupted by these twisted sexual behaviors. To allow any survivors would just eventually corrupt the rest of mankind. There was also interbreeding problems between angels/humans that also caused judgement from God.

Psalms 137:9

The words of David (I think) can&#39;t remember. Again, not God&#39;s quote.

This is what I think about those verses you quoted. I&#39;m sure proud to be a Christian. I have peace of mind, and I don&#39;t worry about death.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Gurahl@4 November 2003 - 20:21
    The bible hasn&#39;t changed since the work of St Jerome in the fourth century...
    than how do you explain the KING JAMES version?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Well said Mad Cat.......and all the others for their contributions.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

10. Lounge   -   #40
    hooked's Avatar booster
    religions suxxors big time
    bible suxxors big time

BUT

my advice is : read the bible, it teaches you the values of life, but don&#39;t believe in it

kthxbye
    love yourself

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast