Thread: Top Noteook Companies

Poster
    are there any reliable notebook companies out there besides the obvious

ps im looking for an amd cpu but intels r ok 2

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I haven't really seen too many AMD's in laptops, probably because of cooling issues within the laptops. I would advise just stick with an Intel, they're not all that bad!

I've posted about laptops a couple times already in posts that should be near this one, but I'll post stuff again.

Voodoo laptops are very nice and powerful (www.voodoo.ca). Consequently, they'll set you back a pretty penny (2500USD probably at cheapest). It costs money for laptops to look that great. I ordered mine from a Sager (www.sagernotebooks.com) Reseller --> http://pctorque.com and I haven't had any problems. Keep in mind any notebook from any company are prone to problems -- dead pixels, faulty hardware, etc. And sometimes service is stellar and sometimes it isn't, it could depend on the person you ask. I can't really think of any other not Top laptop companies other than the two I've mentioned, with the exception of Alienware, but I think I'd chose a Voodoo over Alienware if I'm going to spend that much money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    well im limited on $$$, lik 1400 at the most but that could change

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Schuler@4 November 2003 - 19:28
    I haven't really seen too many AMD's in laptops, probably because of cooling issues within the laptops.
    HP/Compaq are pretty much the only of the big companies that use AMD CPUs in some of their setups, (although to be honest I havnt seen an Intel HP Computer lately)

Anyway, they have notebooks with AMD XP processors, and MP processors in them.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    I got a old gateway solo, use it for surfing, gps navigation thats about it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    The people I know are all hooked on IBMs...

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+5 November 2003 - 03:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 5 November 2003 - 03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Schuler@4 November 2003 - 19:28
    I haven&#39;t really seen too many AMD&#39;s in laptops, probably because of cooling issues within the laptops.
    HP/Compaq are pretty much the only of the big companies that use AMD CPUs in some of their setups, (although to be honest I havnt seen an Intel HP Computer lately)

Anyway, they have notebooks with AMD XP processors, and MP processors in them. [/b][/quote]
    AH I haven&#39;t really looked at HPs/Compaqs since the ones I&#39;ve seen have always had a problem one way or another. I know AMD has coming/is coming out very soon their 64Bit laptop processor. But that would probably go over the 1400 budget

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    thta is my estimated budget, and im a n00b so what is a 64 bit?

U RNT LEET LIKE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11111111111111

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I won&#39;t try to explain 64bit because I don&#39;t know the right explanation, so rather than opening my mouth I won&#39;t say a thing about it other than it will be over the 1400 dollars limit by probably more than you want to spend.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    good enough for me. im assuming that the 64bit is better than their previous processors though

U RNT LEET LIKE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11111111111111