Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newshosting 430 no such article

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Having horrific troubles with newshosting and their retention/completion rates lately. Much of what I am grabbing is incomplete with the following message:

10:32:12 PM * Unavail. : None of the article parts were available on the server(s) anymore (430 No Such Article).

This is happening with things that were uploaded 200 days ago and 2 days ago. Almost every single TV show I am trying to grab is spitting out this bloody error. Big Love, True Blood, etc.

Anyone having similar troubles?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    Although I feed off the same server as you do, I'm not having any "troubles" because I have multiple (block-account) backup servers set up.

But I did some experimenting, and here's what I found on a sample 205-day-old NZB of True Blood:

Highwinds (Usenet-News.net, Newshosting, Usenetserver, etc) is missing the first article of every rar (1/82). This should be easily fixable in this case, as there are more than enough par2 files in the set to cover this.

Blocknews, Astraweb, and News-Service do not have these articles missing.

You can fix this problem by either setting up a backup server (anything that does NOT use Giganews or Highwinds servers - I suggest Blocknews.net) or configuring your newsreader to use the auto-par function (or install quickpar and do it manually).

What Newsreader are you using and is auto-par turned on?

These incompletes are unfortunately "normal" for Giganews and Highwinds. Expect every HBO file to be the same way. It seems most are par-fixable. If you download a lot of these TV shows, you might want to consider ditching Newshosting and switching to Astraweb, and you'll save money in addition to getting complete files.

This issue was discussed in depth earlier in this thread:

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...rs-Please-Read

For another (temporary) solution, you can try this:

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/423976-test-server

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thanks for the response I will check those other threads. Maybe I am just noticing it as I am on a HBO binge.

Sadly with the first block of every piece missing, all the nfo's, sfv's, srr's, the inital par2, and first piece of every par set I have been unable to complete most things as there is a shortage of pars after that. For example, getting Season 4 of Big Love in 720p is an impossibility.

edit: I use Newsleecher.

what is News-service? the only site I could find seemed geared not towards individuals, do you have a link?
    Last edited by artsluver; 09-18-2010 at 09:54 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by artsluver View Post
    Sadly
    Be happy about zot's helpful response.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    News-Service.com is a wholesale-only Dutch usenet provider, that only sells to ISPs and resellers. It is the biggest in Europe and "on par" with Giganews in size. (see top1000.org for stats) They are currently being sued by copyright-cop outfit Brein.

The link at the bottom of my last post goes to a temporary test server @ test.news-service.com. Newsleecher supports backup servers, so that's one free one you can use for now.

I looked at those Big Love S04 posts. Most of them were light on par2 and from what I can tell only include about 25 par blocks to cover the (expected) 32 missing articles. So it looks like you're right, those files are basically un-recoverable for Giganews and Highwinds users.

I also suggest that you consider checking the NZB's completion using either NZB File Validator or NZB Download Checker (assuming that Newsleecher does not support this function yet) before trying to download the file and potentially coming up short:

http://www.newsgroupdownloaders.com/nzbval/
    http://www.softsea.com/review/NZB-Download-Checker.html

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Like I said, NH and Giganews deletes HBO shows and no believed me

Also, our forum pulls NFO's from NH and Giganews, so I all the old HBO shows I get article not found and have to manually post the NFO's.

Get Astraweb, they don't delete HBO shows, just Super Mario Brothers
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Get Astraweb, they don't delete HBO shows, just Super Mario Brothers
    any more info on this, i have supernews and astraweb and recently i noticed no games (wii/xbox360) work, all 430 errors

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by phyl0x View Post
    any more info on this, i have supernews and astraweb and recently i noticed no games (wii/xbox360) work, all 430 errors
    Go usenetnow or blocknews or i guess any news-service reseller as the last resort. Pickings sure seem to be getting slim especially if these takedowns keep picking up like they are. I guess one need not go after the provider if you just serve up monumental amounts of takedowns, that will do the job just fine!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    newsgroupie
    OK, I did some Googling, and it seems that virtually all the Dutch usenet providers have HBO shows intact, with the notable exception of Eweka.NL

That makes sense, since Eweka is owned by Highwinds.

Here's a Dutch provider (XSnews backend) that sells cheap (non-expiring) block accounts:

https://www.gebruikhet.net/bestelformulier.php

Quote Originally Posted by hdjunky View Post
    ... just serve up monumental amounts of takedowns ...
    like claiming that NFOs of movies and TV shows are somehow copyright infringement.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Here's a Dutch provider (XSnews backend) that sells cheap (non-expiring) block accounts:

https://www.gebruikhet.net/bestelformulier.php
    i have looked at them before but there website always kinda confused me as well as the prices but i guess thats cause they are euro! I guess if blocknews ever goes to hell in a handbasket they would be worth figuring out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast