Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This True ?

No no, he asked specifically:
    "Do you run Kazaa?"

He didn't mean that I had downloaded a trojan by using filesharing software, just Kazaa. i then came on here (I don't use Kazaa much now, I prefer Bittorrent) having not visited for some time, and I find this topic.

Coincidence? Maybe.

I don't think it does any harm to mention what BT had to say, he was very specific about Kazaa causing the trojan.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 13:13
    he was very specific about Kazaa causing the trojan.
    BS!!!
    Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie+5 November 2003 - 13:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cosmic doobie @ 5 November 2003 - 13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-number6@5 November 2003 - 13:13
    BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Easy tiger&#33;

I have spoken to BT again, and they say they are being inundated with this problem, and that Ad aware and Spybot should sort it as well as Trojan Killer.

This is not a scam, I have no interest in trolling, and if you don&#39;t believe me, ring the BT Broadband technical line yourself:

0870 240 4650

Don&#39;t just blast someones post &#39;coz it doesn&#39;t fit with what you think you know, they may be genuinely trying to sort a problem&#33;

Thanks,

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    PAiNKiLLER
    NO

Image Resized

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by number6+5 November 2003 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (number6 &#064; 5 November 2003 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie@5 November 2003 - 13:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-number6
    @5 November 2003 - 13:13

BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Please read my post and people please stop discussing self made RUMOURS&#33;
    Easy tiger&#33;

I have spoken to BT again, and they say they are being inundated with this problem, and that Ad aware and Spybot should sort it as well as Trojan Killer.

This is not a scam, I have no interest in trolling, and if you don&#39;t believe me, ring the BT Broadband technical line yourself:

0870 240 4650

Don&#39;t just blast someones post &#39;coz it doesn&#39;t fit with what you think you know, they may be genuinely trying to sort a problem&#33;

Thanks,
    6[/b][/quote]
    Maybe not mate..but if your ringing about trojans & p2p your&#39;re obviouely downloading pirate software,music movies.So i doubt they&#39;re going to say anything incouraging anyway.If you&#39;re worried just uninstall whichever and dont use it.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by ck-uk@5 November 2003 - 13:53

Maybe not mate..but if your ringing about trojans & p2p your&#39;re obviouely downloading pirate software,music movies.So i doubt they&#39;re going to say anything incouraging anyway.If you&#39;re worried just uninstall whichever and dont use it.
    [/quote]
    No, I didn&#39;t ring about trojans and P2P, I rang because I have been getting inundated with SYN port scan attacks. The first question he asked me was:

"Do you have Kazaa installed?"
    "Yes"
    "It is a trojan.........." and went on to explain how to get rid of it.

If they&#39;re scamming me then fair enough, but I can&#39;t imagine they would ask everyone who rings them the same question with a view to conning them to stop P2P sharing?&#33; They won&#39;t have many customers left if they do&#33;

After the initial accusations of "BS" I got when I first posted this, I called BT back to clarify the situation (somewhat annoyed, because I don&#39;t like being misled), and they assured me that they ARE being inundated with calls over this, that it is a known problem, and that the developers of Kazaa and Kazaalite are fully aware of it.

I don&#39;t know guys, but don&#39;t shoot the messenger&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    BANNED
    Mate theres obviousely virus an trojan on kazaa"its not a serect"and when alot of in-experienced users ringing techs on so on they&#39;re going to be told it.Theres virus etc almost everywhere.If your carefull what you open and know what you&#39;re downloading it means nothing mate.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 13:31

When did I say it was a Scam ?
    People come on to the Kazaa Lite forum and start spreading bullshit.
    I have already given you my thoughts on the matter

And it is not wise to start discussing KaZaa or ANY P2P with British Telecom considering they are now part owned by SBC/Yahoo&#33; who are very anti P2P.
    I mean what do you really expect them to say.
    Anyhow i hope this topic gets moved because it&#39;s not doing Kazaa Lite&#39;s name any good when people are obviously out to try and trash us.

Goodbye

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by number6@5 November 2003 - 14:04

I have been getting inundated with SYN port scan attacks.

Learn to live with it pal &#33;
    If you saw my firewall log you&#39;d be mortified

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by ck-uk@5 November 2003 - 14:18
    Mate theres obviousely virus an trojan on kazaa"its not a serect"and when alot of in-experienced users ringing techs on so on they&#39;re going to be told it.Theres virus etc almost everywhere.If your carefull what you open and know what you&#39;re downloading it means nothing mate.
    Hehehe, thanks for that ck-uk, but BT were not referring to something I&#39;d downloaded, and I&#39;m not an inexperienced user. I&#39;ve been happily P2P sharing for around 6 years now.

Honestly guys, this is what BT are telling their customers if they are attacked and on Kazaa. I make no other comment. I&#39;m not saying it&#39;s true, I&#39;m not saying it isn&#39;t.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast