Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Really Pisses You Off About Console Gaming?

Originally posted by stupidguy@6 November 2003 - 11:06
    PS2's CPU Speed Is Faster Than Gamecube's...And X-Box's! X-Box and Gamecube Have Better GPU Though
    Where on earth did you get that info from?

2. Games   -   #32
    Poster
    to answer the topic question:
    what I hate isn't the consoles or the games for them
    what pisses me of is those people claiming consoles are the best at everything, and additionally they never owned a new pc or even played a game on one for the last say 5-6 years
    if they ever have played a game it wasn't for a long time, they just tried it and says the controls suck or the screen is too small or the graphics are bad (noo really on a crap-looking-dusty-old.........-pc duh)

personally I think consoles are good gaming machines sometimes (if they're equipped with a lot of extra gear) the costs for mem-cards and such stuff really sucks but that's the company manufacturing them that sucks not the games or the machine itself

3. Games   -   #33
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    everything has different uses though

i couldnt play battlefield without the keyboard+mouse+joystick setup of a pc

i couldnt play pokemon or harvest moon on anything other than a gameboy

ive tried playing ocarina of time on pj64 and it just doesnt seem as good

4. Games   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@12 November 2003 - 15:48

is it possible to fly a plane any good with a joystick i BF1942
    god knows I've tried with mouse'n'keyb
    almost impossible I'd say

5. Games   -   #35
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by miffo+12 November 2003 - 15:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miffo @ 12 November 2003 - 15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@12 November 2003 - 15:48

is it possible to fly a plane any good with a joystick i BF1942
    god knows I&#39;ve tried with mouse&#39;n&#39;keyb
    almost impossible I&#39;d say [/b][/quote]
    i tend to fly into mountains anyway, but i like driving with it

6. Games   -   #36
    Poster
    To the guy who said you can&#39;t get console games for free... Oh, believe me you can. I have a chip in my PS2 and Xbox and just copy my own games, or get my friends to do it for me... I don&#39;t download them though, if that&#39;s what you mean. (I just rent them out and copy them))

Also, it&#39;s not only the people who "Havn&#39;t played a PC in 5 or 6 years" that think consoles are better... I play PC&#39;s all the time, I just finished Max Payne 2 on PC, great game, but I&#39;ll play it again on Xbox. I think there&#39;s more atmosphere when you play a game on a huge TV and sound system then on a PC.

Also take a look at Gamerevolution.com there are 6 new reviews, only 1 of them is for a PC game, where I think my theory that more games come out for consoles then PC. And as someone said, most console games for PS2 are made by JApanese companies, therefore they&#39;re more original, fresh and deep then PC games, which are usually only FPS&#39;s (Very Popular), RTS&#39;s (Getting More Popular) and Third Person Action/Adventure (Rare)

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/xbox/...imson_skies.htm

That is a review for a flight sim on Xbox that got an A-

One of the Pros for the game was that it has "Great Control"

Also, just remember where all the most in-depth and deep games appeared first&#33;

GTA 3 and Vice City (PS2)
    Splinter Cell (Xbox)
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
    HeadHunter (Dreamcast)
    Shenmue I and II (Xbox)
    etc
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Games   -   #37
    However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well.
    How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago. It would be nice if Nintendo still had them, but they were just too slow puttting games out. Microsoft has had them for almost a year and they still haven&#39;t realeased a friggen game.

Oh, and DK is owned by Nintendo, so don&#39;t expect to see that on any other system. And I honestly doubt you will ever see a nintendo game on anything other than a nintendo system.

Honestly, all 3 consoles are great, and Pc is great too. it just depends on what kind of games you want to play.

For FPS, MMORPG&#39;s, and RTS Pc is the best, The PS2 has the best RPG&#39;s, X-box has a little bit of everything, and the Gamecube has Kickass First and Second party games like Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, etc..

its all a matter of opinion people.

That&#39;s my 2 cents.

8. Games   -   #38
    Lick My Lovepump
    The PS2 has the best RPG&#39;s
    SAY WHAT???

Final Fantasy single handedly makes it the best console for RPGs? (I&#39;ve always hated FF too)

I can&#39;t really think of any great RPGs for PS2.

The PC has all of Bioware&#39;s games, TES3: Morrowind, and soon to be Knights of the Old Republic.

9. Games   -   #39
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Xelotath@12 November 2003 - 19:59
    How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago. It would be nice if Nintendo still had them, but they were just too slow puttting games out. Microsoft has had them for almost a year and they still haven&#39;t realeased a friggen game.

Oh, and DK is owned by Nintendo, so don&#39;t expect to see that on any other system. And I honestly doubt you will ever see a nintendo game on anything other than a nintendo system.

the great shigeru miyamoto once said

"a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

which if you think about it has some truth

10. Games   -   #40
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Xelotath@12 November 2003 - 14:59
    However, Nintendo&#39;s best game developer RARE was recently bought out by Microsoft. That means if and when they make sequels to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day they will all be exclusively for the Xbox. Now I just wish Nintendo would port all their Mario and Zelda games to the Xbox as well.
    How is Rare a good developer? How long has it been since they put out a game that was good? I think the last one was Perfect Dark, and that was well over a few years ago.
    My point was that RARE was repsonsible for many of the best games for the N64, and now that they&#39;re working for MS, Nintendo might be in trouble. I believe their last game was Conker&#39;s Bad Fur Day, which I personally never played but it recieved a lot of good reviews. Of course that was a few years ago because it was at the end of the N64&#39;s life cycle. They couldn&#39;t release anything for Gamecube because it wasn&#39;t out yet, and then when MS bought them it took a while to convert all the projects they&#39;d been working on for GC to Xbox format. Incidently, they&#39;ve just released their first new title, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, and all I can say is - it&#39;s different. But I&#39;m still looking forward to more great games from the company that gave us possibly the best game on N64 - Goldeneye. And don&#39;t tell me they won&#39;t be making any more 007 games because I know that. My point is that they know how to make great games, and I trust that they will.

Nuf Said

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast