Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Pisses You Off About Console Gaming?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    today 4 of us had an arguement about sony and nintendo and which was best. i was on the side of nintendo against 3 ps2 bummers (bummers is just the term we use, so im a gamecube bummer.) i cant even remember how it started but one of them converted to my side cos i was right, i think it was about cpu speed or something.

anyway the thing that pissed me off but also made me know i was right. 2 of them said that the ps1 has better graphics than n64, if you look at the 3d games this is a matter of fact not oppinion if you ask me (<<<contradictionee ) even using examples of great ps1 graphics like gt2 and spyro are only average on the n64. so thats one thing that pisses me off.

another thing is why are the gamecube loading times so long on multiformat games. they dont need to be

and whats happening to miyamoto? pikmin and luigi&#39;s mansion rock but he didnt half fuck mario and zelda up?

2. Games   -   #2
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    N64, was a better system than PS1, as far as graphics go, and Gamecube is a more powerful system than the PS2, and it should be came out more than a year after the PS2 did.

However, I don&#39;t know whether I&#39;d say one is better than the other, I like many games on both consoles, Hell on all three consoles.
    X-box is the most powerful of all, but it doesn&#39;t make it the best, just makes it the most powerful.
    I think it all just boils down to which games are the most fun.

And I thought the new Zelda and Mario games for Gamecube, kicked ass.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22
    today 4 of us had an arguement about sony and nintendo and which was best. i was on the side of nintendo against 3 ps2 bummers (bummers is just the term we use, so im a gamecube bummer.) i cant even remember how it started but one of them converted to my side cos i was right, i think it was about cpu speed or something.

anyway the thing that pissed me off but also made me know i was right. 2 of them said that the ps1 has better graphics than n64, if you look at the 3d games this is a matter of fact not oppinion if you ask me (<<<contradictionee ) even using examples of great ps1 graphics like gt2 and spyro are only average on the n64. so thats one thing that pisses me off.

another thing is why are the gamecube loading times so long on multiformat games. they dont need to be

and whats happening to miyamoto? pikmin and luigi&#39;s mansion rock but he didnt half fuck mario and zelda up?
    If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on.

4. Games   -   #4
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+5 November 2003 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 5 November 2003 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@5 November 2003 - 16:22

If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on. [/b][/quote]
    i didnt. that was my point. these people were saying playstation graphics were better when they had obviously never given the nintendo a chance. thats what pisses me off. ive got all free current consoles but my favourite is the gamecube because i prefer the games

5. Games   -   #5
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    At some stage I&#39;ve owned both a Gamecube and a PS2. The cube was considerably better, the graphics were allot smoother and the actual game-play was more enjoyable. Imo the PS2 isn&#39;t as good as people say. I&#39;ve got an xbox at the moment which is fantastic with games like Morrowind, overall, PC gaming is allot more enjoyable

6. Games   -   #6
    The fact you cant update, patch or mod any games

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    nintendo is better, even tho i have a ps2&#33;
    AMD Athlon 2500+
    512 RAM
    80GB Western Digital
    1.83 GHZ
    GYGABYTE ATI Radeon 9200 128MB

8. Games   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Kid1A@5 November 2003 - 09:39
    The fact you cant update, patch or mod any games
    Exactly.

9. Games   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by TheDave+5 November 2003 - 11:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 5 November 2003 - 11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@5 November 2003 - 16:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave
    @5 November 2003 - 16:22

If you close your mind to a console because of preference, thats just stupid. Think of all the games you miss out on.
    i didnt. that was my point. these people were saying playstation graphics were better when they had obviously never given the nintendo a chance. thats what pisses me off. ive got all free current consoles but my favourite is the gamecube because i prefer the games [/b][/quote]
    All free? How&#39;d you manage that?

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    PS2&#39;s CPU Speed Is Faster Than Gamecube&#39;s...And X-Box&#39;s&#33; X-Box and Gamecube Have Better GPU Though

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast