Thread: Dot Tk

Poster
    how does it work??????

also is there a possible way i can get a list (database) of all the domains registered? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    hi -netweiser-, ill be kind

I know the free .tk domains use URL forwarding as for the payed ones i aint got a clue , if you want to know what domains are registered just try a random site or try sign up

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@5 November 2003 - 20:29
    hi -netweiser-, ill be kind

I know the free .tk domains use URL forwarding as for the payed ones i aint got a clue , if you want to know what domains are registered just try a random site or try sign up
    ok thanx, but are there DOT TK SERVERS which handle all this? if so how many? thanx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    PAiNKiLLER
    You can get as many as you want...

Image Resized

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Dot TK manages all of .tk domains, apparently assigned to a chain of islands known as Tokelau (not sure whether that's true or not - the ToC lists Dot TK's offices as in San Francisco ).

The free domains are merely forwarding domains; you still need hosting. Basically, you sign up a free domain (which isn't one of their free domains ), you set up at Dot TK where your home page is situated, and anyone typing in your .tk domain will be transferred to said home page. It also camoflagues each seperate page with just the .tk domain (i.e. whatever page you're looking at or going to, the address bar will always have the .tk domain) although semi-experienced will still be able to find out the real URL

.tk users have a minimum of three free domains - Any more will have to be paid or have one of your existing ones removed. Paid customers also get the offer of hosting as well, so paying .tk users can have both their own .tk domain and hosting in the same place.

But (as a past .tk user myself), Dot TK's referring servers haven't really been top-notch in terms of uptime these past few months

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    .tk servers are damn slow man!