Thread: Free Registry Tools

Freeware

RegSeeker - registry search tool

RegSeeker is a handy tool for managing several popular registry items and searching the registry by keyword. It offers quick access to Startup Entries, Uninstall Information, Color Schemes, History items (URLs, Recent Documents etc) and IE Favorites. The program also includes a registry cleaning feature that finds invalid and unused registry entries, allowing you to delete them. RegSeeker can automatically create a backup before deleting any registry entries. The program comes with an attractive, easy to use interface. Nevertheless it is not intended for complete beginners and you should feel comfortable working with the Windows registry before using it.

98/ME/2000/XP

Download RegSeeker

ERUNT - registry backup tool

ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.

98/ME/2000/XP

Download ERUNT

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    i got regseeker, its pretty cool, havent had a problem yet and ive done a gazillion scans/clean ups with it
    i think i posted this in verifieds, forgot it was a freebie
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i downloaded it and had a quick look around - it looks very nice, i think i'll recommend it to anyone who has a problem with cracking Jv16 Powertools

also, some of the tweaks might be useful
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I need a free reg cleaner. Any good ones?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@6 November 2003 - 15:40
    I need a free reg cleaner. Any good ones?
    Registry Mechanic.

And BTW, if you want to backup the registry, this can be accomplished internally via the Registry Editor, so why would you require a tool to automate it? It takes around 3 clicks manually.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I use RegSupreme, by the makers of PowerTools. It's faster and more efficient than anything I have ever seen.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i use system mechanic, it seems to work

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Amarjit+6 November 2003 - 16:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amarjit @ 6 November 2003 - 16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@6 November 2003 - 15:40
    I need a free reg cleaner.&nbsp; Any good ones?
    Registry Mechanic.

And BTW, if you want to backup the registry, this can be accomplished internally via the Registry Editor, so why would you require a tool to automate it? It takes around 3 clicks manually. [/b][/quote]
    reg mechanic is free? where?