Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overclocked, Paranoid Or Not

bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Thanks for all the help,
    And yes the system is running pretty stable.
    When its not oced, though, its running about 38c at full load. So it is running quite a bit higher, but it's not getting too hot.

But as I said before, I'm going to just be on the safe side, and get a better hsf, also my wires are a tad bit messy, so I'll clean that up, so the air will flow better.
    I'll work at cooling it more,

When I first posted I was worried, but after messing around with it for most the night, I’ve decided that it's not as bad as my mind was making it out to be.
    Anyway, Thanks Again.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien@6 November 2003 - 14:20

When I first posted I was worried, but after messing around with it for most the night, I’ve decided that it's not as bad as my mind was making it out to be.
    Anyway, Thanks Again.
    I'm glad that it is working out for you, but terribly disappointed that you couldn't explain how to get a (valid) CPU temp of 17C with just air cooling.

That would have been worth learning...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    The 17 C temp was coming from Sisandra,
    It must not work with my mobo, cuz it gives me some really werid temps, It even gave me a 1 C temp at one point, and I don't see that happening at all.

All the rest of the temps were coming from hardware monitor, it appears to actually work.

Yeah, it would be nice if, I could get a 17c temp with just air cooling, I'm actually thinking about trying water cooling though, but since I've never even seen a system with water cooling (well, except pics), I'm a little ifiy on it.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I am seriously looking into water coolingand have decided that to start I might make all the hardware external to the case.
    That way the only risk point is the connections at the water block.
    It also simplifies the problem of getting rid of the heat.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    overclocking and watercooling really go together man, if you want any help with watercooling then just ask! also what is your budget, some set ups can be very expensive, and unless you are building it from scrap i would say that if you set it up right inintally, and check on it every now and then then you won't have problems with leaking... But watercooling can be great!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by SciManAl@7 November 2003 - 05:37
    overclocking and watercooling really go together man, if you want any help with watercooling then just ask! also what is your budget, some set ups can be very expensive, and unless you are building it from scrap i would say that if you set it up right inintally, and check on it every now and then then you won't have problems with leaking... But watercooling can be great!
    Judging by several of your posts you are a big advocate of water cooling.

Is your system cooled thusly?

If so, please post some specs and pics.

I'm looking for ideas....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12