Thread: .exe Files Who Are Not

Poster
    I see a lot of times that when you download a game its an exe file, but you have to change it too .rar or .iso to make it work, why is that wghy do they make it an exe file while it isn't? And what kind of extensions are there possible to have?
    I also have a lot that i can't determine what kind of a file it is, is there a program for that maybe?
    REFERAL LINK REMOVED

2. Games   -   #2
    PAiNKiLLER
    Yes there are a lot of files like those. Some people are sharing them. All of them are not fake but I don't know why they do this. Like once I've downloaded a game later found it a movie. So be careful before start to download...

Image Resized

3. Games   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I think people do it so it still shows up when you search for Software on Kazaa. If the extension was .rar it wouldn't.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    everything shows up in software, rar, zip, iso, exe, everything.
    REFERAL LINK REMOVED

5. Games   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Skillian@6 November 2003 - 08:43
    I think people do it so it still shows up when you search for Software on Kazaa. If the extension was .rar it wouldn't.
    I heard something like this too. That they add the .exe to the end to help the file spread faster on the network. I don't know if this is true, but i do remember reading about this.