Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Svcd And Vcd Files Downloaded From Bt

Hi, just downloaded a few SVCDs and VCDs off BT, as I've become really peed of with trying to encode my own films.

I'm just slightly puzzled with a few things:

Take for instance, I've just downloaded Cabin Fever SVCD, Its in a folder unlike AVI's. Anyway, within the folder are 3 other folders "CD1", "CD2", and "Sample", there is also an Nfo file.

I'm guessing I don't need to worry about the "Sample" folder and the NFO. Right this is the puzzling bit, in each of the CD1 and CD2 folders there are a whole loada DAT and RAR (I do have WinRAR btw) files.

My question is what should I do with the RAR files? Do I extract them to an individual folder within the folder they're in eg CD1, or do I just extract them in the exisiting folder eg CD1?

I've noticed that there is a cue file and bin file in each folder, the bin's are are found in the RAR files.

Thanks, hope I haven't written a confusing help thread.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I remember when I first got a film like this all that time ago, confused the hell out of me. Just find the last .rar file it should be either the highest number one or the file of a different size. Click on this and extract it to a specifies folder and it will find all the other chunks in the other rar files. Then fire up alchohol and burn the image to CD. And problems just let know.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    PAiNKiLLER
    First check what those RAR files contain...

Image Resized

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by fr600@6 November 2003 - 18:16
    First check what those RAR files contain...
    They all seem to contain Dat type files, I'm still confused

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    muchspl2
    if you got winrar, right click and choose extrack here, if you don't have that option, reinstall winrar http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by muchspl2@6 November 2003 - 21:33
    if you got winrar, right click and choose extrack here, if you don't have that option, reinstall winrar http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm
    Yeah my WinRAR does have that option.

Do I extract all the RAR archives and just click "extract here"?

I ask cos I get error meassages saying dou you want to replace this file ans so on.

But I the lasr RAR archive had a bin and a cue file in it, the bine being around 849mb.

Thanks or the help so far guys.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Anyone???

Just out of interest, I have an SVCD broken up into CD1 and CD2, both being around 810mb each.

Will this size fit onto a normal 700mb\80min CD-R?

Cheers

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    yes it will fit, on S/VCD's they go by minutes not size, so a 80min vid should fit on a CD-R 700MB 80-MIN

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@7 November 2003 - 22:29
    yes it will fit, on S/VCD's they go by minutes not size, so a 80min vid should fit on a CD-R 700MB 80-MIN
    Sorted!!!!

I've just started to use ACP to make KVCDs, man thanks the "Muchspl2" I just encoded 5 avis into mpegs and burnt them within 5 hrs!!!

The program does everything for you, like extracting the audio and stuff like that!

It rocks, and all the movies are @VCD or near SVCD quality and a whole movie fits onto one CD!!!!!!!! Wohooo

No need to dl anymore VCD or SVCD files off anywher anymore.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    IBL?
    What settings do you change on TMPGEnc as regards to PAL NTSC screen resolutions etc. if any?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast