Thread: Tmpgenc Settings, Whats The Best One To Use

Whats the best one to use, and how long will the difference be in time from one to another. Will I notice any difference?
    What about qualitity on the PC, or TV/DVD Player?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    just use highest quailty, it gives the best results

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    And that take aproxx for 700mb file??
    And will this be the same qualitity as the avi? or a little shitter?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Mate those settings are for a dvd about 4gig ..if thats what you're doing Imo the best thing is put it on the highest quality and change the dc to 10 bits and only do a single pass encode(cbr).You'll cut half the encoding time then.You have the same quality,2pass is just to compress to a size better,..but theres not much need with dvds because you allways have a few hundred mb left on the disc.And alway keep the same framerate and you wont have any jekyness when you play it .But dvds do take a while mate twice the time of a vcd.And if you use mpeg2 audio over pcm you'll have more room for video quality.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah, I am doing a DVD.
    So set it to 10bits, and highet qualitity.

And if you use mpeg2 audio over pcm you'll have more room for video quality
    I take it you mean,

?

The out come for a 700mb avi, on "high (slow) was 3.29GB, how can I make it like 4.3GB and use that extra room for more qualitity? By using "high" (very clow)?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Yeah mate that audio.

That high slow etc dont have anything to do with the file size mate.If you're using the wizard on the tile bar go to screen 4/5 and just set the estimated file size to 4 or so gig or say 99% of the disk.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by muchspl2@6 November 2003 - 20:02
    For most encodes, motion estimate search is enough. When you set it to "highest quality" sometimes tmpgenc finds motion where there is no motion. I think this causes that annoying "dancing effect" on certain scenes. The setting that I recommend for bitrate control is constant quality. Here's the specs: max bitrate 2500, min bitrate 300, quality 75, enable padding UNchecked, P picture spoilage 20, B picture spoilage 40.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thansk guys.
    Starting CD2 now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer+6 November 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MediaSlayer &#064; 6 November 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@6 November 2003 - 20:02
    For most encodes, motion estimate search is enough. When you set it to "highest quality" sometimes tmpgenc finds motion where there is no motion. I think this causes that annoying "dancing effect" on certain scenes. The setting that I recommend for bitrate control is constant quality. Here&#39;s the specs: max bitrate 2500, min bitrate 300, quality 75, enable padding UNchecked, P picture spoilage 20, B picture spoilage 40.[/b][/quote]
    Yeah mate the motion search is slightly debatable...but in my opinion it makes a big difference..when you say "dancing affect" you have me..maybe you have the field order the wrong way around.And as for the gop struction it changes itsself anyway when the bitrate changes.But if you fell abit advanced you can calalate the bitrate and gop properly here with this calulater.It also gives you a good explanation of what everything means.& as for 2pass or cq ..i honestly feel theres no need if you modifiy other setting...i&#39;ve tested & tested(lucky i can encode a movie in an hour svcd,dvd about 2-3)

http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html?PHPSESS...5256a802b28100e

calc good for cbr or 2 pass

http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html

explanation.