Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Have This Happen To Them?

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    It's BS. 1st post TSIF!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by zapjb@8 November 2003 - 06:28
    It's BS. 1st post TSIF!
    Yes, because clearly it's a myth that the RIAA, MPAA, BSA etc don't like it when people download their stuff.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Yeah. Stick around, you'll see it. First post scare tactic & then disappear. Seen it here dozens of times.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    thats so weird, ive never once ever ever got a threat or a notice from anyone of my isp's about using kazaa or k-lite. maybe before joining a certain isp you should read there user agreament, it probably sais *DONT USE KAZAA*

i never read the user agreement either.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Do the following thing and it will help you:

1.Get a firewal program
    This will work if Symantec use batch scan program to scan your computer.
    (Which I guess ICARUS is doing,is that so?)

Go to www.zonelabs.com and download ZoneAlarm Free version.
    It's free,and it will block batch scan.

2.Hide behind a SOCK5 proxy
    This will work if Symantec pops download copyrighted stuff from you and grab your IP.

If no SOCK5 proxy available,try use TCP2HTTP and you can hide behind a http proxy.

The two method I mentioned can give you *some* safty(Can't defend against package sniffing or good hackers.)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Phuck Symantec, im going to start sharing their programs now!!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i got a q. did u have firewall with the imported ips or peerguardian running?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    slplsnphx,

How long have you been a 'lurker' here?
    (lurker = someone who visits but doesn't make posts.)

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Ok, well my internet service is still up and running without anything esle from my ISP on the subject. So nothing to worry about. I guess??
    Gud Choice 4 your first post...

how ever i think this is Scar mongering....

I think slplsnphx works 4 Symantec

I never beleive any thing like this, especially when it’s sum 1n’s first post
    It's BS. 1st post TSIF! 
    Yeah. Stick around, you'll see it. First post scare tactic & then disappear. Seen it here dozens of times.
    You guys really are a bunch of idiots!!!! Just because I have better things to do than browse/post in the forums 24/7 doesn't make me a liar, or an employee of Symantec, Metro!!
    I thought I'd post here and find out if anyone else had gotten something like this, and if not, let people know that this kind of shit IS happening. But obviously some of people here are to ignorant to be worth it.
    slplsnphx,

How long have you been a 'lurker' here?
    Well I think you can figure how long I've been "registered" with the forum in my profile. As for being a "lurker": I have rarely visited these forums since i registered because, at about the same time, I found a much better way to share files: Bittorrent. I was tired of downloading 700Mb only to find out that it was bullshit. Not to mention all the fucking viruses. Then I got this letter from ISP!!!! I'm done with Kazaa(lite) and this forum!!

Oh yeah, abu_, I'm not sure what you mean by
    with the imported ips or peerguardian running?
    But if you were asking if I had a firewall up and running? Yes I did. I was and still am running the firewall that I got the email for: Symantec_Norton_Personal_Firewall_2003_6.0-9RETAIL.exe

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Dear Customer,

The material in question here is the file; Personal Firewall 2003. We request you to remove all movies, games, MP3's you may have downloaded from the shared folder and disable file sharing on your peer to peer client to avoid future complaints. If you have already removed the material in question then consider this issue resolved. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Regards
    ***** Abuse Team
    I just got that email from my ISP, so it seems; nothing to worry about. Maybe!???
    I'll save you all the effort and say in advance, "you're welcome" for this good to know info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast