Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter vs Twilight!

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

The one that lost.
    Adored by million of preteen girls and you are actually going to try and make me believe that you think either one lost?
    I didn't know if I was trying to force you to believe anything, I honestly have no idea what any of that even means.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Adored by million of preteen girls and you are actually going to try and make me believe that you think either one lost?
    I didn't know if I was trying to force you to believe anything, I honestly have no idea what any of that even means.
    ConverselyI didn't know that I had to make things intelligible to you brah.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #53

ConverselyI didn't know that I had to make things intelligible to you brah.
    Conversationally, you'd have to explain the teams thing. My comment about the losing team was an off-handed remark on a subject of which I lack all knowledge. Here is what I know about the series... it has gay abstinent vampires and Deadface McDeadeyes plays the female lead.

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Conversationally, you'd have to explain the teams thing. My comment about the losing team was an off-handed remark on a subject of which I lack all knowledge. Here is what I know about the series... it has gay abstinent vampires and Deadface McDeadeyes plays the female lead.
    Sorry I can't be of much help here. Twilight breaks three of my hard and fast rules about movies:
    1. Avoid anything that is likely to win multiple Teen Choice Awards
    2. Don't see anything where the majority of reviews on IMDB begin with OMG!!!!
    3. Something has to appear to be funny/exciting/interesting/sexy /moving or at the minimum at least unlikely to make me want to kill myself and anyone else in unfortunate proximity before investing my time into it .
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You're making this too easy for me.

The next movie is going to deal with a "sacred" relationship of an adult werewolf man, with a female baby (literally just born).

I already know that you're rooting for them to stay together. You don't have to watch the movie. Just accept the opinion I want you to have.
    Ellipses go here.

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    You're making this too easy for me.

The next movie is going to deal with a "sacred" relationship of an adult werewolf man, with a female baby (literally just born).

I already know that you're rooting for them to stay together. You don't have to watch the movie. Just accept the opinion I want you to have.
    What do you mean werewolf, I thought it was about vampires??

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    Have you seen a movie produced about porphyria patients in the last 10 years that has not included animosity against other porphyria classes' clans as a theme?

Twilight is no different. It has both sides of the porphyria condition.

On a more serious note, when people pick "teams" they are essentially choosing whether they want the vampires or the werewolves to have Deadface McDeadeyes part of their family. The vampires are shown to be dangerous creatures that can kill her at any second but try to practice restraint (a failed attempt at dealing with with the challenges of one's nature and facing adversity - regular themes when the story was created), and the werewolves are shown to be loving protectors of the land bent on cleansing the danger of vampires. The story then involves themes such as proof that the vampires didn't get to choose who they are, and that the judgement placed upon them should not be indicative of the history associated with them, but to reflect the resolve with which they deal with their personal turmoil.

That's why teens usually side with team vampire. Pure psychological gimmick. And that's why older viewers tend to side with team werewolf. I mean, anyone with half a fucking brain would realize nature always beats nurture.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 03-10-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ellipses go here.

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    This has resulted in me learning of the series, which I really didn't want to do. Worst of all, I work with porphyrins, and you've fucking perverted that. I'm going to dedicate the next month to making you dead to me.

9. Movies & TV   -   #59
    This has resulted in me learning of the series, which I really didn't want to do. Worst of all, I work with porphyrins, and you've fucking perverted that. I'm going to dedicate the next month to making you dead to me.
    I'm printing this post and framing it.

Also, I'm getting closer to identifying you. There aren't many labs in the world that work with prophyrins. I actually did a summer job in one of them. One positive out of 300 tests. Before I worked there I really did think that doctors think of porphyrias last, right beneath lead poisoning.
    Ellipses go here.

10. Movies & TV   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    Also, I'm getting closer to identifying you.
    You can try, but I'm working on a collaborative project and haven't yet published under a primary authorship (as it is unfinished). Basically that adds infinitum back into the equation.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast