Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How About That $87 Billion Dealie?

no loan provisions (the president threatened to veto it if it were anything but a giveaway), passed by voice vote (5 in favor, 1 against, 94 abstaining), and most of it will be spent on iraq (although $500 million, less than 1%, will be given to southern california for fire relief).

any thoughts?

here's my thought, to get the thread rolling: daaaaaaaaaamn, that's a lotta money.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Iraq....where Congress has no control over how its spent...

:-"

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    a little more food for thought.

In The Washington Post on Tuesday, reporter Jonathan Weisman compared the cost of the latest request to other government spending, noting that the $87 billion request is nearly triple the amount the federal government plans to spend on elementary and secondary education this year, and more than twice as much as the budget for homeland security.

Weisman, using Yale University economist William D. Nordhaus as a source, also noted that the $166 billion that has been spent or requested exceeds "the inflation-adjusted costs of the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War and the Persian Gulf War combined" and "approaches the $191 billion inflation-adjusted cost of World War I."
    Source.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@7 November 2003 - 00:02
    no loan provisions (the president threatened to veto it if it were anything but a giveaway), passed by voice vote (5 in favor, 1 against, 94 abstaining), and most of it will be spent on iraq (although $500 million, less than 1%, will be given to southern california for fire relief).

any thoughts?

here's my thought, to get the thread rolling: daaaaaaaaaamn, that's a lotta money.
    What's the saying? 'charity begins at home' I bet the Californians,are wondering why the hairy arsed iraqi's are getting it and they arn't, let's hope they remember
    when it's election time or is the American poltical scene like the british
    'they all piss in the same pot.
    Man U fer eva

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    wait, didn't he just ask for 81 billion $ recently?

bush fucked up. now we have to pay.

btw, now there are new dire al-qaeda threats. i thought this war was to stop those?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Double Agent
    bush is taking this too far

he's using american lives and americans money to deal with his feud with Saddam.

war in the name of justice, how lame

for all i care i'd trade him to the al-qaeda for a lil peace and quiet.

Al gore for president next year

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Al gore rules.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by kAb@9 November 2003 - 23:06
    wait, didn&#39;t he just ask for 81 billion &#036; recently?

btw, now there are new dire al-qaeda threats. i thought this war was to stop those?
    al-qaeda has nothing to do with iraq.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by k-liteuserintheworld+9 November 2003 - 23:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (k-liteuserintheworld @ 9 November 2003 - 23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@9 November 2003 - 23:06
    wait, didn&#39;t he just ask for 81 billion &#036; recently?

al-qaeda has nothing to do with iraq. [/b][/quote]
    True, in the sense they had nothing to do with Hussain. But the Allied invasion of Iraq has angered many people in that area of the world, including Al-Qu&#39;ida activists.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Part of that 87 billion will be used "stealthily" to fund Bush&#39;s re-election campaign.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast