Thread: Mp3 Cds

so i burned an mp3 cd with 150 songs in it wit 100 mb left...i go to a car and play it in a dvd/mp3 cd player....it works but the qualitys really bad...its sounds scratchy and no bass in alot of songs...some songs sound ok but still not too good...these mp3 work fine on my computer and sound pretty good...do i have to have a better quality for an mp3 cd?? i mostly have 128 kbps or 192 sometimes....and i just sent files to my CD DRIVE and burned it...cuz i wasnt sure how to do it...could someone help me?

2. Music   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    for cd-like quality you need at least 192kbps CBR recordings. At the very least.
    You can use stuff like Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator to burn an mp3 disc.
    It won't help the sound quality though.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Music   -   #3
    muchspl2
    try burning at a slower speed and with nero
    could be your deck, most that play mp3's are pretty new, and might not do a very good job playing mp3s

4. Music   -   #4
    where would i go to use it with nero?? i have nero 6 but i dunno how burn mp3 cds...only like normal data cds and audio cds....

5. Music   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    any decent mp3 player should be able to read it if you just do a straight Data CD.
    mp3 discs generally just add a playlist and autorun file

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Music   -   #6
    It may be the mp3 playback on the dvd/mp3 player in your car, My friend just purchased a clarion mp3/wma/cd head unit and everything sounds great.....but on the other hand we also put about 3 grand worth of other equipment in the car also.... alot of his mp3's/wma's are compressed at 128 kb, If you want to check to see if it is your unit, rip a cd of yours and compress it to an mp3 at lossless quality, (some ripping programs consider 320 kb lossless, but i believe true lossless is around 1411kb!&#33. Once you created the rip, place it on an mp3(data disc), and compare it between the actuall cd. You said you just sent files to your cd drive, If you have XP PRO, which is what I use that works perfectly fine (Drag n Drop method). Since hearing an mp3 head unit, and seeing the price was extremeley reasonable, I will defniatly be purchasing one very soon. Then I can retire my cd collection LOL. Hope some of this helps.

7. Music   -   #7
    lossless is around 1411kb!!
    That sounds about right.

1411 = wav = cd quality = uncompressed.

Good troubleshooting tip mind you.