Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ms Flight Sim - Flight Experts Out There?

Double Agent
    ok so i've been experimenting with ways to recover a 747 from a stall

i would, first. cut power to engine as thrust is really useless if you have no lift...

then adjust ur pitch to the angle of attack of ur wings, try to level up, if you are still falling, extend flaps 15 degrees

be sure you recover before you hit the 10,000 feet mark

i have been pretty successful in recovering most of the time

just wanna know what u guys do in those situations?

2. Games   -   #2
    Double Agent
    ahh dang it i just crash on my way to CYYC... that's in alberta...

dang it

i guess air canada wont hire me

3. Games   -   #3
    Octopussy
    is ms flight sim 2004 good?

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@7 November 2003 - 03:39
    ahh dang it i just crash on my way to CYYC... that's in alberta...

dang it

i guess air canada wont hire me
    Meh, I just do an emergence landing when ever I am in trouble, good thing MS couldnt be bothered to put alot of buildings on the ground.... although I did actually manage to land on sea

As for stalling, I've never actually had trouble with it, I just let it drop to gather speed then pull up just like that marchado, or what ever his name is, guy said.

But never purposly stalled with a 747. I need to try that.... I did get lost and almost crash in the middle of NYC while trying to do a U-Turn.. dont ask me how I am still confused about that one my self.

5. Games   -   #5
    Yes ms 2004 is good, bigger system needed than previous versions, but if you want the most realistic flight simulator around, look no further.

6. Games   -   #6
    MSFS was fun for about 20 min...after you get over the "thrill" of taking off and landing. its like watching grass grow.

Flying Ultra Lights through downtown LA maybe fun.

7. Games   -   #7
    The game where 'flaps' have a whole new meaning.
    I think MSFS 2003 is an awesome Sim. There's a lot more to it than taking off and landing. Surely learning the GPS and what all the other instruments do can only be described as educational. I'm primarily a FPS guy but it's nice to play a game occasionally where you actually learn something. The video tutorials in the game are superb to get you going with the basics.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by **GASHA**@7 November 2003 - 10:08
    The game where 'flaps' have a whole new meaning.
    I think MSFS 2003 is an awesome Sim. There's a lot more to it than taking off and landing. Surely learning the GPS and what all the other instruments do can only be described as educational. I'm primarily a FPS guy but it's nice to play a game occasionally where you actually learn something. The video tutorials in the game are superb to get you going with the basics.
    I agree with that, but I dont think the average shoot first think later gamer would like it, the graphics aint great because its not about that, and you dont get to do 360 spins while evading a rocket, its just about learning to fly in the most realistic way you can on a computer.

I recommend this sim For people who want to fly but cant for some reason, for people learning to fly and for those who enjoy accurate sim's.

I find it more then watching the grass grow, like mentioned using the navigation, learning to use the tools, making course corrections, fighting to keep control threw turbulance and safly landing a commercial flight is very enjoyable.

Recovering from stalling is just one of many enjoyable things to do in MS flight sim

9. Games   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Ive only got the F98 - my FS2000 wont install for some reason. Anyways, i think its great. Managed to DL some SwedFlight files as well. Sweden aint safe anymore.

98 only has the 737 - dont know if theres any difference to the 747. Still learning how to take off and land. Can do it semi-auto though. Killed thousands as well
    As far as stalling, in the climb, just lower the nose slightly - not too quickly. Try to maintain mach .9 with a pitch of about 18 degrees.

Im much better on the cessna (of course) but all in all a great game.

Peace
    UKMan

10. Games   -   #10
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by UKMan@15 November 2003 - 07:22
    Ive only got the F98 - my FS2000 wont install for some reason. Anyways, i think its great. Managed to DL some SwedFlight files as well. Sweden aint safe anymore.

98 only has the 737 - dont know if theres any difference to the 747. Still learning how to take off and land. Can do it semi-auto though. Killed thousands as well
    As far as stalling, in the climb, just lower the nose slightly - not too quickly. Try to maintain mach .9 with a pitch of about 18 degrees.

Im much better on the cessna (of course) but all in all a great game.

Peace
    UKMan
    you do mach .9 in a 747 you'd be dead b4 you crash and burn on the ground

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast