Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Flag Discretion?

Poster
    i thought this thread had died by now - guess not.

how odd - some1 blamin America for all the problems in the world.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an@9 November 2003 - 05:57
    i thought this thread had died by now - guess not.

how odd - some1 blamin America for all the problems in the world.
    who ? me? You're wrong

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Poster
    Originally posted by leonidas@9 November 2003 - 05:02
    who ? me? You're wrong
    i was referring 2 your previous post:

And why do you think they get badly paid in their country. Why do you think people in mexico are poor.

It's just because compagnies from USA corrupt the politicians & the army. The same for Colombia. Guerria wouldn't exists if it wasn't for USA imperialism. And I know what I'm talking about.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    All great Empires throughout history have come to an end. The USA is coming to the end of its own reign. Whether it will bow down with dignity to a changing world or whether it will try to shaft its enemies so as to stave off vengeful attacks from the people it shafted remains to be seen. Just like Britain left a little dispute between Pakistan and India, which is still going on. I hope no one says that the USA doesnt shaft other nations, because it does just like all modern developed countries. People like us who are lucky enough to live in these countries afford our luxories at the expense of people less fortunate than us. While we're arguing about whether to buy a p4 or AMD or adding neon lights to our boxes, people all over the world have to contend with real life decisions like which of the children gets to work in a sweatshop making Nike sneakers. This topic steered well off the intended question, but as far as I think, there should be no problem with just the burning of a flag, freedom of expression. But what with the "patriot" act I dont know, I think that will soon start being misused more than it already is.

As for all the hate bounding around, arent we all the same? like people? Stereotyping is the worst thing to happen, people seem to forget that stupidity and ignorance does not adhere to any particular creed, there are idiots and fuckups in every country just like there are good people.

Sorry, I just had to throw in my 2 cents.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by leonidas@9 November 2003 - 05:50
    I rather think it's important to convince people when your arguments are actually facts, and the issue is important. I think too much people give up, just like you do.
    Dont ever accuse me of giving up bro untill you know the facts i mean that very sincerely.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by leonidas@9 November 2003 - 06:50
    I rather think it's important to convince people when your arguments are actually facts, and the issue is important. I think too much people give up, just like you do.
    Arguments being facts?????

Convincing people????
    Most convincing is done for no other purpose than satisfying personal needs......

Forgiveness and letting go is something completely different than giving up.....

And for blaming UKman...........

Seems you need to get your (f)act(s) together!!!!

My 8 teeth worth.........

Yogi

7. Lounge   -   #57
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    My own quote:
    I think thats all i will say on this subject and wont bother replying anymore on this particular thread. I will just follow it and watch.
    I got annoyed by leonidas unwarrented comment, so decided to carry on anyway. I do believe i made myself very clear on all the posts i made on this particular thread - but some people dont read, or at least only answer what they can argue about. I havnt given up, i move on - arguing over petty things is not constructive - just another excuse for making your point and heating up the debate.

But that comment only proved my point, its hard for some to accept others points of view. You could argue that i dont accept leonidas views - but i do, but i havnt attacked him (attack is probably too harsh) i just dont think personal abuse i the right way to go - so think about it again leonidas please.

Peace
    UKMan

8. Lounge   -   #58
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan@9 November 2003 - 14:55
    My own quote:
    I think thats all i will say on this subject and wont bother replying anymore on this particular thread. I will just follow it and watch.
    I got annoyed by leonidas unwarrented comment, so decided to carry on anyway. I do believe i made myself very clear on all the posts i made on this particular thread - but some people dont read, or at least only answer what they can argue about. I havnt given up, i move on - arguing over petty things is not constructive - just another excuse for making your point and heating up the debate.

But that comment only proved my point, its hard for some to accept others points of view. You could argue that i dont accept leonidas views - but i do, but i havnt attacked him (attack is probably too harsh) i just dont think personal abuse i the right way to go - so think about it again leonidas please.

Peace
    UKMan
    I understand the point you made about not heating or flamming, but I think (Here it's just my opinion, not a fact) that cooling a debate is not so often a good solution.
    Just watch your TV and you will understand that its purpose is to calm down and hide the real poblems to the people.

I agree with "giving up"/"not flaming up "/"cooling" some debates about past actions, if they don't bring up something constructive for the present or the future, but I don't when the issue is important and current.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Why should i just keep repeating all that i've allready said when all they have to do is scroll back and read again? I dont believe in prolonging a debate for the sole purpose of just prolonging it and making my voice heard.

Once i have made my point - thats it - AND i dont believe people HAVE TO GET HEATED UP - all the time. Its not constructive and never will be. It makes others afraid and makes you (me) look a fool.

As far as the TV is concerned, lets keep to the real world - thats a joke

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #60
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan@9 November 2003 - 17:18
    Why should i just keep repeating all that i've allready said when all they have to do is scroll back and read again? I dont believe in prolonging a debate for the sole purpose of just prolonging it and making my voice heard.

Once i have made my point - thats it - AND i dont believe people HAVE TO GET HEATED UP - all the time. Its not constructive and never will be. It makes others afraid and makes you (me) look a fool.

As far as the TV is concerned, lets keep to the real world - thats a joke

Peace
    UKMan
    Peace
    Leonidas

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456