Thread: Question About Playstation Iso's

Debaser
    Ok let me get this straight, if I burn a PSX iso to a cd-r, can I play them on my playstation? sorry if this sounds like a bonehead question, but I've heard you can and I've heard you can't. and I'm a little reluctant to try it til I know for sure.

2. Games   -   #2
    Well you could play them on your PSX, that is, if you have a modchip. If you don't, you coudl try the swap disc trick, but I don't think that's healthy for the PSX. Another method is to download a PSX emulator and play the game on there.

3. Games   -   #3
    Debaser
    Oh ok, didnt think about the mod chip thing. I did think about emulation but my I don't think my computer could run a playstation game all that well. but whats this swap disc trick?

4. Games   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    as far as i know the switch method only worked on the first batch of playstations. you could keep the lid open and press down on the sensor for the lid and put a real disk in for load up then another one (a rip) and it would work.

5. Games   -   #5
    if you do wanna try an emulator on your computer, bleem is great. It is no longer made though, you'd have to get it off kazaa. not only will it play a ripped copy on a disk but also a real playstation game off a disk.

not sure what happened with them... i think sony bought them.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Broken@7 November 2003 - 06:26
    if you do wanna try an emulator on your computer, bleem is great. It is no longer made though, you'd have to get it off kazaa. not only will it play a ripped copy on a disk but also a real playstation game off a disk.

yeah only problem with bleem tho is that it doesnt play everything well

7. Games   -   #7
    i have yet to find one that is flawless...
    epsxe is good.

bleem is very good all around. I do believe sony bought them with the intentions of releasing it in the future to try and market it.

8. Games   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Broken@7 November 2003 - 06:26

I seem to remember hearing that Sony sued bleem, or at least shut them down.

9. Games   -   #9
    I play ISO and bin/cue files straight off ePSXe, works fine...
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=62876